No announcement yet.

Wow - 200th Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can always paddle and peddle at the same time the total workout. the feeling fades the more you get used to the total hobie experience i still miss paddling my redfish some days

congrats kegs you'll love it

Comment

Congrats! Trident 13s are great and can handle some rough water. I really enjoy mine. I saw 4steps got one too! I have one and if you are considering a depthfinder check out humminbird products. There is a trade in program to get a scupper compatible transducer for your right foot scupper. It makes for a much easier install and probably a better reading since the transducer is in the water. There are a lot of tips on this site that can help with depthfinder installs too if you go another route.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Kegs I picked mine up this past Saturday and cant wait to get it on the water.

Comment

Congrats on the new kayaks. Rigging is part of the fun. Give it some thought, and the customizing make it yours.

Comment

I was not aware there were only certain transducers that would fit in the scupper. Is there documentation on this trade in program online somewhere? I did some searching on the Hummingbird site but could not find anything.

Can't wait to get mine out as well 4step. What color did you get?

No specific plans for rigging right now except to add a fish finder(maybe with GPS) and an anchor system. Think it's worthwhile to purchase one of Hummingbirds kayak packages or piece something together on your own?
            Last edited by the_kegs; 02-01-2011, 07:03 AM.
            Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
              I was not aware there were only certain transducers that would fit in the scupper. Is there documentation on this trade in program online somewhere? I did some searching on the Hummingbird site but could not find anything.
              http://www.humminbird.com/Faq.aspx?TaxonomyId=91A1766
              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Thank you very much for the transducer info.

I also have a question for you 4step. Did your Trident come with a Cannon rod holder? The features tab on the website say it comes with 2 flush mount rod holders but the sales pdf linked on the site says it comes with 2 flush mount rod holders and a Cannon rod holder.

Website
                http://www.oceankayak.com/kayaks/ang...rident_13.html

Sales PDF
                http://www.oceankayak.com/pdfs/OK_Tr..._sellsheet.pdf
                Digital Livewell

Comment

I have an orange one from the 2010 vintage. It did not come with a rod pod or flushmounts but I had the dealer install the mounts and I did the rodpod. I've upgraded to a modpod now and it's pretty cool. Just wanted to say that Scotty mounts fit those slots incase you can't find cannons around here. They are more popular on the west coast for some reason.

Humminbird and ocean kayak are owned by the same parent company, Johnson outdoors, so the transducer scupper is made only by humminbird. The dishonest/gps models look sweet but cost a lot. If you have a handheld gps you can always use that and get a lower model till you decide about kayaking... People always say boats are expensive... Kayaks add up!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Kegs mine did not come with the Canon Rod holders , flush mounts, or rod pod. Easton kayak installed the flush mount rod holders and the rod pod for me. No Can Rod Holder. I am really considering buying the Modular Rod Pod. The Scottys rod holders fit directly into the holes and can be position any way you want it to. I think this is the best way to go if you do not want to mount rod holders onto your kayak.

Comment

I have a small 10' /pond hopper-bass boat I use on the lake where I live and it could use an update to it's electronics so as long as I could buy an additional mount/transducer and power cord the unit would definitely get used. I'm not convinced a GPS is even necessary but it would probably be nice to have. What do you mean when you say dishonest/gps?

My boat did come with the new rod-pod so that's definitely what I'm looking to use. I'm just unclear if it comes with a Cannon rod holder because of the conflicting documentation. Also need to decide if I should use the dedicated sonar shield mounting area for the fish finder or instead mount it to the rod pod itself. Seems like it would be easier to use mounted to the rod pod but more out of the way and protected installed in the dedicated area.
                      Digital Livewell

Comment

Kegs you and I are thinking alike because I was thinking the same things as far as where to put the fish finder. I think I may put it under the shield to protect it and that's one less thing in your way while fishing. Then at the same time its so convienient in the mod pod. I have to pochard the new mod pod but I have a question. I have the original rod pod on mine so if I get the new mod pod will it fit in the existing space or would I have to make some modifications to the hole?

Comment

Kegs,
                          Your kayak does come with the cannon rod holder.
                          i have a Hummingbird 385ci in stock, could do a nice deal on it with your new Trident. The transducers can be sent back to HB for exchange for scupper hole fit. Ryan

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Good to know you have that model in stock. I'll probably end up taking it home with me on Saturday.
                            Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by Foursteps24 View Post
                              Kegs you and I are thinking alike because I was thinking the same things as far as where to put the fish finder. I think I may put it under the shield to protect it and that's one less thing in your way while fishing. Then at the same time its so convienient in the mod pod. I have to pochard the new mod pod but I have a question. I have the original rod pod on mine so if I get the new mod pod will it fit in the existing space or would I have to make some modifications to the hole?

I think that if you go to the OK web site, it says the new cover will fit and replace the old one. I know that I read that somewhere.

Comment

Thanks Dogfish

Comment

Working...
                                X