Friday fishing plans & question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday fishing plans & question

Anyone interested in heading out on Friday to Lapidum, Magathy or Mariner/Gunpowder? Noob looking for someone to learn from or with.

Also, I'm looking for a good keeper solution for my yak. Back well is 14"x14". Considering straping down a larger cooler but wondering if smarter members have considered better solutions.

Get your self a nice mid size cooler, Drill the 3 slot rod holder into the back. that way you have something to keep gear stored when raining, food n drinks cold, or store fish. I got a real nice cooler at walmart on sale for 9 bucks a few months ago, and now i use this cooler everywhere.. bal games and all.. with the rod holders still attached.. ha
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I might be trying my first launch at Mariner Point after work on Friday.

I've only had my kayak for 2 weeks and I've already lost a rod, so I wouldn't have much in the way of learning experiences to offer. It would be nice to know someone else out there though. I haven't been able to convince any friends or family to get into kayak fishing yet.
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mweber02 View Post
        I might be trying my first launch at Mariner Point after work on Friday.

I've only had my kayak for 2 weeks and I've already lost a rod, so I wouldn't have much in the way of learning experiences to offer. It would be nice to know someone else out there though. I haven't been able to convince any friends or family to get into kayak fishing yet.
        I was most likely planning on launching around 2:30 depending on the weather. whats your timetable?

Comment

I'm hoping to be on my way home by 2:30/3, but Friday traffic will give me at least an hour drive home. Probably looking at a 5-6ish window to launch. That's fine though, you can find the fish for me.
          Mike

Comment

Ive been wanting to fish the quarry near mariner park. I might join you.

Comment

Got to Mariner Point around 5ish and had my kayak loaded up and in the water before I realized my paddle was still in the basement... Too late to get any fishing in before the park closes now. Tons of mosquitoes though, probably should have remembered by OFF repeller too.

Saw the trailer with the twin Thule carriers. Made me a little jealous.
              Mike

Comment

Don't feel bad. We've all done it.

I once forgot my paddle on a trip to Jonas Green.

After that I made a kayak fishing trip checklist that I refer to as I load up.

It's a good reference and I haven't forgotten anything critical since using it.

PS My list includes DEET.
                Last edited by Mark; 08-02-2013, 08:39 PM.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Ended up fishing the Severn from Jonas Green today. Was able to jet from work early and it made more sense than staying up north. Met fellow member, fish, who was crushing it crabbing. Ended up catching 3 white perch, the first of that species in my very short fishing career. Used crappie jigs. Nice little afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                  X