Jonas Green/Severn Sunday 8/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Green/Severn Sunday 8/4

I am planning on fishing the Severn on Sunday, August 4th. I will be launching out of Jonas Green and concentrating on trolling for stripers before and during sunrise. Finishing the trip with some perch and croaker hopefully around the piers and bridge supports. So far I have persuaded Abumasgouf (it did not take much), all are welcome!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

I may be able to join you later in the morning, but my wife and I attend church until mid-morning. Let me know how long you plan to stay out.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I plan to do the same Friday....
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
        So far I have persuaded Abumasgouf (it did not take much), all are welcome!
        No sir it did not!
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

What time did you plan on launching from Jonas Green?

Comment

Hey John, I was thinking of turning in around noon. I am hoping you make it out by then...I need someone to bless my Woody feather spinners, all three are cursed with no fish!

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
            I may be able to join you later in the morning, but my wife and I attend church until mid-morning. Let me know how long you plan to stay out.
            I am planning on being on the water by 4:30am, I could really use a sunrise on the water and the world to slow down for a few hours.

Originally posted by Thaimonkee View Post
            What time did you plan on launching from Jonas Green?
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Can a rookie come? I just bought a no name tandem that can be used as solo and wanted to try it out. It would be nice to get it in the water finally.

Comment

I had to retire one of Woody's jigs yesterday. I caught perch steadily for over an hour, then had no bites for 10 mins. I put down that rod and fished another one that had a similar sized spinnerbait made by MKF member Bignose. It too caught plenty of perch. A bit later I looked back at the first rod and found that the hook had broken off above where the bend is. It no longer had any sharp area to catch fish.

I am amazed that you are not having any luck with your Woody's lures. I catch all the perch I want casting or trolling those lures.

001.jpg 003.jpg

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                ..I need someone to bless my Woody feather spinners, all three are cursed with no fish!
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I really haven't given them much time in the water. I am so prone to catching perch jigging plastics...I end up sticking with what's working. I'm not sure if they are Woody's or not. Mine look larger, if I had to guess a weight...maybe 1/4 oz. The feathers look like real feathers. I purchased three of them at the Flea Market this winter, he said they caught big perch. I will be sure to bring them Sunday and find some creek shallows.

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                  I had to retire one of Woody's jigs yesterday. I caught perch steadily for over an hour, then had no bites for 10 mins. I put down that rod and fished another one that had a similar sized spinnerbait made by MKF member Bignose. It too caught plenty of perch. A bit later I looked back at the first rod and found that the hook had broken off above where the bend is. It no longer had any sharp area to catch fish.

I am amazed that you are not having any luck with your Woody's lures. I catch all the perch I want casting or trolling those lures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8291[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8292[/ATTACH]
                  2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                  2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

I'll be there to launch around 6 am {as long as radar report looks good). Al

Comment

See you guys at 4:30. Should be a fun first trip.

Comment

There's some fish out there to play with. Here's what I got yesterday.
                        DSCN5621.jpg

Good luck tomorrow guys!
                        Ryan
                        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                        X