Anyone fishing CHSP this Friday afternoon / evening? - 8/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fishing CHSP this Friday afternoon / evening? - 8/2

I've never been to CHSP and would like to check it out. Is there any bait shops near by. What's the parking like? Is anyone going down Friday? If I'm able to get off work, I'm planning on getting there around 1pm and fishing till sundown.
    <MIKE>
    Sunrise Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler
    Yellow Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 Angler

I will actually be leaving Friday ,but to get into the park I think you have to pay like an $8 fee unless you have a pass like I do and usually the parking isn't too bad at the pier, but gets pretty packed sometimes. There is an overflow parking area though so you don't have to worry. There is a bait shop at the pier itself but compared to some other stores I've been to it's pretty overpriced (at least the sinkers are). Not sure if any of these are on the way but you could check out Bills Sport Shop or Old Inlet. I'm sure there are more in the area, but that's all the ones I know in Rehoboth/ Lewes area I know. It might be out of your way though, but Bill's is definitely the closest not counting the one in the park.

Right now there are a bunch of croaker and spot in the area and heard some guy talking about catching two large stripers at the pier while rigging up my kayak, but didn't reach 28''
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

M_Duong60, Thanks for all the info. Have a safe drive home.
      <MIKE>

Comment

there's also a tackle shop next to CHSP. It doesn't come up on google maps but it's right next to fisherman's wharf restaurant, but I haven't been there in a while.

parking gets crazy fridays/weekends. and you'll have to drag your kayak on a lot of asphalt and soft sand , so bring a cart.

I'll probably be there, but mostly on the pier with other friends. If you end up going alone, send me a PM and we can exchange contact info.

Comment

kuljc,

Thanks for the info. Good luck fishing, maybe I'll see you on the pier. I'll be in an Orange OK Trident.

Mike
          <MIKE>

Comment

Working...
          X