Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush river fishing?

any recomindations on where to fish on the bush and which lures are hot

I've heard to use small rattle traps around the docks for bass. I've been out twice, only using a small silver/blue rattle trap and a 1/2oz Booyah spinnerbait. I missed a decent hit on each but otherwise nothing.

I was really disappointed to see how shallow the water is around Otter Point Rd and Flying Point Park. I havent tried going out past there. Let me know if you find something that works.
    Mike

Comment

Yes the water is very shallow and not much structure in that area. the docks and some areas have cover The water is very warm (surface temp was 85+ last time I fished there) so you are better off trying deeper or cooler water or areas with more cover.

The Susquhanna flats are a better bet this time of year.
      Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

You can still catch some decent pigs in bush river, concentrate on the wood, I like to burn squarebills across the wood. The fish can't stand it.
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Although I don't fish the Bush River, I do recommend the squarebill crankbait around logs and rocks. The squarebill is my goto lure. I work the outside edges of cover and then inside running the bait over logs and rocks. After that I start dropping green pumpkin rubber stick baits in and around the cover (rigged weedless on weighted hooks). Works well for me. Also, stop the crankbait a few feet short before pulling it out of the water. I have miss many many largemouth and striped bass at the kayak by pulling the lure out of the water to fast. Very frustrating seeing the inside of a nice fishes' mouth come out of the water after my bait, but I jerk the bait out of the water trying to hurry my next cast.
          ------------------ ,__
          ------------------ | `'.
          __---------- |`-._/_.:---`-.._
          \='.-------_/..--'`__ ----- `'-._
          -\- '-.--"` ----- === ----- / - o `',
          - )= (-----------------.-- | ----- _.'
          -/_=.'-._------------ {=_-_ | -- .-`-.
          /_.'--- `\`'-._------- '-= - \ -- _.'
          -------- )- _.-'`'-..------ _..-'`
          ------- /_.' ------ `/";';`|
          -------------------- \` .'/
          --------------------- '--'

Comment

Bush River always looked promising to me, but I have had little luck there. Hope you do better.
            Dave N.
            Wilderness Systems Radar 115
            - Solar

Comment

Working...
            X