Anyone going to be around OBX the second week of September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to be around OBX the second week of September

Headed down from the 8th to the 13th, wondering if anybody might be around. Planning on taking the yak and paddling around the sound.

I'll be in Nags Head 9/7 - 9/13 but it's a family vacation, which means NO kayak for me.
    HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Yea same here but trying get one day myself kayak or offshore.

Comment

I'll be down the same week with my girlfriend's family. Usually not a whole lot of fishing gets done, but she and her dad and I often hit the sound to fish from shore or rent yaks to supplement mine for a couple days out of the week, and of course unsuccessfully surf fish on the other side. Still have never been able to figure out surf fishing (haven't put in the time to earn it though either). Last year I had good luck with the Gulp shrimp (new penny or that darker green color they have) either weightless or with a small egg sinker 18" or so up the line in the sound. Drifting through the shallow bumpy areas and twitching the gulp along the bottom was good for some puppy drum and the occasional small flounder. One flounder barfed a partially digested shrimp in my lap so I'm guessing I was doing it right in terms of lure selection. We always check in with the tackle shops though, and I'd be happy to pass along any current information I get once we arrive. Where are you staying? I'll be down near Avon or Buxton, cannot remember right now. The southern half of the island is wonderful that time of year, as you can drive down onto the beach or down to the sound to set up base camp and unload all of your gear. If we're close by we can look to meet up.

Comment

Same here, no luck in the surf fishing department! We'll be staying near Nags Head. Found a guide that's $140.00 for a four hour guided trip but to be honest at that price I might call some charters and try to tag along with a small group for n offshore trip. Just have to see how I feel when packing up. But meeting up sounds good might just bring a couple rods and rent a yak.

Comment

Working...
          X