September Meet & Greet Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Meet & Greet Poll

September is shaping up to be a busy month. Between the annual CBKA Tourney, the CCA catch and release Redfish and Speck Tourney (in Crisfield), and the previously scheduled M&G out of Deale Island, MD, three of the four weekends are already accounted for.

I know a few members, myself included, are planning on fishing the CCA tourney on September 7th and 8th. The following weekend is the CBKA tournament and the one after that is the scheduled M&G. In order to have more people attend, I am purposing that we cancel the Deale Island meet and greet scheduled for September 21st and make the CCA tourney (in Crisfield) the new September M&G. Please vote in the poll above.

I would also like to note that it is not required that you fish the tournament. If it is not your thing, then a there are plenty of areas to fish around Crisfield where you should be relatively secluded. My guess is that most of the boats run to the middle islands anyway.

For those who are interested in the tournament, here is the link to the webpage with all the details. http://www.ccamd.org/?p=1814 I heard a rumor that there may also be motherships running yakers to the middle islands for a small fee, but IDK if that will materialize.

Just a little heads up about the area....Crisfield offers quite a few motels, resturants, and kayak friendly launch points that offer a lot in terms of fishing and entertainment for a M&G. It is a really nice place to fish and it doesnt take long before you feel like you have taken a step back in time. Very secluded.

Thanks in advance for voting.

-Doug
    Crisfield, MD September 7th (with the available option to fish the CCA tourney on the 7th and 8th)
    54.55%
    Deale Island, MD on September 21st
    45.45%
    Last edited by RavensDfense; 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

I'd like to attend the M&G as I plan to fish the CCA tournament, but I'm thinking of launching elsewhere to fish and just be back to Crisfield in time for the 3pm cutoff (with some worthy photos hopefully! ). Since it is a tournament I'm paying to be in there is also a low probability I'd break for the customary M&G lunch, but wouldn't mind maybe meeting up for some food & drinks after the photo review thing is all wrapped up for the day.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
      I'd like to attend the M&G as I plan to fish the CCA tournament, but I'm thinking of launching elsewhere.
      I bet I know where that is

If this location is the most popular I will likely do the same. There are many viable kayak launch options that I would be more willing to share if people are interested. Lunch will have to be more like dinner because I am not coming off the water prior to 3:00 PM either.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I stayed at a camp cabin at Janes Island about a mile just outside Crisfield in June. They sleep three and cost @ $55 a night; definitely a bargain. The have electricity and a window unit a/c, but no indoor plumbing. The bath houses are a short walk. There are tent and rv hook-ups closer to the kayak launch site. If you want seclusion and proximity to launch sites, it's a fine choice. Just bring plenty of Deep Woods Deet, wear long pants, and a brimed hat. The deer flies are piranhas.

There is also a large house at the end of the canal (with central air and plumbing) that is the farthest away from the kayak launch site. Here is the link if anyone is interested. (I doubt if I can make it). http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclan...anesisland.asp

Comment

The bugs/flies the last month have been nonexistent. It's been nice but they can spring up at anytime. I always keep a pair of pants in my crate just in case.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Bumping this back to the top. I will make a decision at the end of the week. Vote people!!! I do not like waiting until the last week before to plan.
            Last edited by RavensDfense; 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Last time I encountered mass bugs/biting flies was in june, haven't experienced any last 6 trips.

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
              The bugs/flies the last month have been nonexistent. It's been nice but they can spring up at anytime. I always keep a pair of pants in my crate just in case.

Comment

I have never fished a tournament, but am interested. Considering there will be larger boats, how will us "little corks" popping about out there fare among the big guys? This does sound like fun.
                Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Laura,
                  It won't be a problem. Plenty of small creeks and guts to fish. The place is huge. Many boats will be running to the middle islands and I imagine that after the initial "sprint", you will see no more traffic than a normal weekend, which isn't much.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                  2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Thread and poll closed. Crisfield, MD won 6 to 4.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                    X