Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anchor trolley for prowler trident 13 HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor trolley for prowler trident 13 HELP!!!!!

Can someone guide me in the right direction for an anchor trolley and installing it. From some post that I've read I will probably use a 3 pounder. I will be doing a lot of bottom fishing so this will definately be helpful. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

here is my anchor set up: http://kayakkevin.com/anchorriggingpage.html

Comment

I'm reluctant to drill, so I've got my own bonehead system. I put a SS carabiner on the front handle and one somewhere on the stern, either the rear handle or on a bungee loop. Then I just loop a line through both ends, leave a little slack, and tied the ends to a SS ring. I need to put a cleat on the Revo, but I'm not sure where yet. I can post some photos if that will help.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

thats the way i set up my redfish and tarpon, they had nice handles, 3 large ss spring clips, cam cleat and i used some pad eyes to keep the running line from rubbing on the side handles. with the revo they have toggle style handles so i just used ss pad eyes to loop the line through. used para cord for the trolley it slides very smoothly

Comment

Bill dont be scared, bring it to my house and i'll put all kinds of holes in it for you

Comment

What exactly does an anchor trolley do? What's with all the clips and the buoy? Does it make it easier to maintain position in current/tide? Maybe I need to guy one and don't know it yet

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

The anchor trolley moves the anchor line to the bow or to the stern, so that your kayak will hold in the current with the bow or stern into the current. If you anchor a kayak at the center of the side, the current will build up on the side. All the clips are, in the one photo, to hold the trolley together and to clip onto the anchor line. If you catch a large fish, you man need to set free of the anchor without pulling it up. You simply unclip the anchor line and come back to the float after you are done with the fish.

Comment

You can make a trolley without drilling any holes if you want. i used some bungee's, Para cord, 2 pulleys and a plastic ring on my trident 15. I did add two line guides to keep the top cord from riding to high but it works without these.

I used the existing bungee tie downs at the front and rear of the yak

I used it several times last year and it worked great. I would suggest brass pulleys though. The cheap pulleys i used seized up but the trolley still functions and will be easy to replace this year.

Comment

I did that on my first kayak. The bungee cord also allows for shock absorbing.

Hey Bill, no holes.

Comment

how often do you anchor from the bow versus the stern? does the trolley need to be full length or can it cover most stuations if it only covers half of the yak?

Comment

For those guys that use them, which side of the kayak do you prefer mounting. If I cast with my right hand should I put it on the left side, vice versa, or maybe it doesnt matter?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

I cast with my right, and my trolley is on my right. I troll with my rod on the right and keep my paddle on my left. I couldn't really put the trolley where I keep my paddle, but I didn't really think about it much.

Hey Sam, where did you put the cam cleat on the Revo?
                        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
                        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by wiljack78 View Post
                          how often do you anchor from the bow versus the stern? does the trolley need to be full length or can it cover most stuations if it only covers half of the yak?

I anchor mostly from the stearn, due to keeping the anchor line out of the way. Fish seem to always find the anchor line. With that said, there are those times when I wish I could have anchored from the bow. I need to extend my trolly. I have it rigged for a stern anchor position. I have been slow to extend the trolly, because I don't anchor that much, pretty much only when I chum. I use a 5lb anchor. I have a real small anchor that I use on the upper Potomac, as it does not snag as much, and it holds in the rock. I liked the idea of using the electrical tie in the event that I may need to pull the anchor out from under a snag. The electrical tie would break away under pressure and the anchor is pulled in reverse position to be free.

I generally keep my paddle on the left, so my anchor trolley is on the right. Its just a personal preference.

Comment

the pullies and bungies are helpfull like in mmanolis2001 pics, but the anchor rope is still a few feet back from the end of the kayak. if your in real heavy current it might pull.
                            i have my stern trolly on the right side i like to fight and land on my left. the bow on the left so its easer to grapple onto pillings. but thats illegle so i didnt say that.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakkevin View Post
                              the pullies and bungies are helpfull like in mmanolis2001 pics, but the anchor rope is still a few feet back from the end of the kayak. if your in real heavy current it might pull.
                              i have my stern trolly on the right side i like to fight and land on my left. the bow on the left so its easer to grapple onto pillings. but thats illegle so i didnt say that.
                              sorry to change the subject. hey kevin, whats the deal with the black paint on the topsides of your boats? glare reduction?
                              Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Working...
                              X