Paddle wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddle wanted

Looking for an upgrade from the cheap paddle I purchased when I started. Open to anything.
    A bad day fishing is better than a good day working

I strongly recommend Werner. I love mine and have had it for 10+ years. It was about $180.00 twelve years ago. They are about 250.00 nowadays. You can buy them lighter (carbon) and more expensive, but it is a great combination of price and quality IMO. Mine is the Camano model. It is fiberglass. I've had it over 12 years. Mine is blue shaft and white paddle but I think the newer ones are different.

I also have a Aquabound paddle. It is MUCH heavier and I don't like to use it. It is a backup, or if my wife is paddling with me I use it and give her the Werner. I consider that a cheap paddle and it is about 110.00 at ACK.

I was at Potomac Paddlesports recently and they had some really nice carbon paddles but were anywhere from $300-500. That's just too rich for my blood and I don't think the additional lightness and ergonomics are worth the price premium.
    Last edited by Runnin; 08-15-2013, 01:56 PM.
    Hurricane Skimmer 128
    WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Depending on how patient you are, monitor Sierra Trading Post. Last summer I picked up a Carlisle "Magic Carbon Touring" carbon/fiberglass paddle for a buddy of mine. With discount coupons it came in at $95. I did a few paddles with it. Nearly as nice as my carbon/fiberglass Onno for a third of the price. Maybe 6 oz heavier. Wish I'd bought a second as backup for myself. The thing is patience to monitor the website until a great paddle shows up. Right now there are none, though some nice looking women's dry tops.

Comment

Beerboy,
        I have done the same with EBAY...sorting by locality. I got a couple good quality lightly used paddles for friends that way. The last was carbon....should have kept it myself. I do local pick up only
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Maybe we should have kept quiet, might get harder to find those deals

Comment

Those sound like killer deals. WTG!
            Hurricane Skimmer 128
            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
            X