Monday Morning (19 August) on Kent Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Morning (19 August) on Kent Island

Raptor and I are going to try our fortunes from Kent Island Monday morning, 19 August.

We are launching from Goodhands Creek Landing at 0700. The address is 500 Goodhands Creek Road, Chester, MD 21619

Note that a daily or annual permit is required to use this landing.

Here is a site with info about Kent Island’s public landings:
    http://www.parksnrec.org/directions-...blic-landings/

Please join us if you can. We hope to see you there.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

That sounds intriguing. I have never used that ramp before or fished those local tributaries. It could be good practice for the CBKA event in a few weeks. I will let you know for sure on Sun evening after checking the weather.

P.S. -- When I typed the address you gave into Google Maps, it showed the location to be in the middle of a field. But by zooming in and using the satellite view, you can easily make out the ramp location. The ramp appears to be where Goodhand Creek Rd makes a bend to the right.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      That sounds intriguing. I have never used that ramp before or fished those local tributaries. It could be good practice for the CBKA event in a few weeks. I will let you know for sure on Sun evening after checking the weather.

P.S. -- When I typed the address you gave into Google Maps, it showed the location to be in the middle of a field. But by zooming in and using the satellite view, you can easily make out the ramp location. The ramp appears to be where Goodhand Creek Rd makes a bend to the right.

I've only fished it once, but really enjoyed the location. There's a decent amount of parking, typical concrete boat ramp, and the back areas are well protected when Kent Narrows is too rough.

Comment

Damn, can't make it. Raptor good luck with the rays.

Comment

We'll miss you!

I'll sling a fly rod occasionally so the fish won't know you're not there.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Comment

Can't wait for the fishing report.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
              Damn, can't make it. Raptor good luck with the rays.
              Hopefully, I'll not get another on my line. If I do I'll cut it (no matter what lure is on it), an hour is just too long to fool around with a fish - unless of course it is a Marlin, or Tuna, or something like that. And, I haven't seen many of them in the Chesapeake bay. Sorry you can't make it . . . next time.

T.
              Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

Just a gentle reminder of tomorrow's outing for those who can make it.

The areas immediately near the launch site are mostly wind protected and shallow with thick reeds lining much of the shoreline.

"Larger" water at Kent Narrows is also reachable for those inclined to paddle or pedal a moderate distance.

We hope you can join us.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Comment

Working...
                X