Would This Work on the Severn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would This Work on the Severn?

I would like to test out my bottom bouncer and worm harness in salt/brackish water to see how it works. I've had success with catfish, largemouths, crappie, white perch, a couple walleyes, yellow perch, and one striper on this rig.

I've also caught a lot of fish with this floataing rapala crank bait trolled behind the bottom bouncer.

So I'm thinking this might work on the Severn, but wanted to see what you guys think.
    If there is lots of vegetation, the lures get hung up. But if the bottom is hard, this is a great method to get lures deep and follow the bottom contour.

Thanks for looking.

Tom

I think both of the lures would work. For most of the year, the Severn has low water clarity. The fish key in on sound, vibration, and scent then react to the color moving by. There is only one way to find out -- give it a try.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      I think both of the lures would work. For most of the year, the Severn has low water clarity. The fish key in on sound, vibration, and scent then react to the color moving by. There is only one way to find out -- give it a try.
      I like to use glow in the dark soft plastics. Also like to troll rapalas. I had really good luck last year and early this spring on the Severn fishing both of those. The last month or so I've only been out a few times and couldn't even catch the bottom.

You might want a slightly larger hook incase you get into stripers. That looks more like a smallmouth or panfish hook in your worm.
      LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
      X