Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two + sites for kayakers: Interactive charts/maps. + List of all Maryland launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two + sites for kayakers: Interactive charts/maps. + List of all Maryland launches

While searching around, I stumbled onto this hybrid street map/NOAA nautical chart interactive site.
    I think it's particularly useful for planning trips to new areas, and coordinating launch sites with road maps. And it's good for those of us without fish finders for locating fishy areas; channels, points, drop-offs: http://marinas.com/map/

For all launch sites mapped and listed by county, here is Maryland's complete on-line water access guide. No need to go county by county, or town by town anymore. This is one stop shopping for launches:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/boating/boatramps.asp

Great links, thanks!

I really like that marinas.com map. It is much more functional than any of the other maps I have seen so far.
    Mike

Comment

Yes it is handy. You don't have to have two different screens open to see charts and roads leading to launches.

I wonder if the newer FF's have road GPS along w/ standard sonar? Use it in the car, , and then set it in the kayak to fish.

Comment

Thanks! Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
          Yes it is handy. You don't have to have two different screens open to see charts and roads leading to launches.

I wonder if the newer FF's have road GPS along w/ standard sonar? Use it in the car, , and then set it in the kayak to fish.
          Most fish finders only work with nautical charts, so road navigation would not work on them. It would be impractical anyways, due to mounting and power cord issues using a marine device in a car.

You could use a smart phone and do both on one device, without the sonar of course.
          Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
          X