Crabbing on the Pax via kayak? tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crabbing on the Pax via kayak? tips?

Hello I am new to kayak crabbing, thus i was wondering any advice on trot lining or any types of techniques on catching crab via kayak. websites, videos and any type of information is gladly appreciated from this kayak newbie. Should i stick near marshes? chicken tied a long piece or rope? stick to a certain type of water depth? i am probably going kayak fishing/crabbing this weekend hopefully. thanks for reading this far!

What kind of kayak do you have? Hobie pedal driven? Electric powered kayak? or straight paddle yak?

Comment

In a sit-in 'yak
      Crabbing not a good idea
      Live crabs in your lap
      Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
        What kind of kayak do you have? Hobie pedal driven? Electric powered kayak? or straight paddle yak?
        Hey thanks for the Reply Moc? i have a Sit in Kayak/straight paddle kayak... http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3986135
        is my best way of crabbing is just with long piece rope and chicken attached and using a crab net? i plan to fish the NAS or the Rec center because all of that is all level 5-7 feet water depth in marsh land type of environment.

Comment

Somehow get a bucket attached to the front of your yak and just use string and chicken neck?

I am not sure how you would be able to carry traps in the back of your kayak; trotlining would be way too difficult without hands free drive.

Originally posted by Gregtokoolman View Post
          Hey thanks for the Reply Moc? i have a Sit in Kayak/straight paddle kayak... http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3986135
          is my best way of crabbing is just with long piece rope and chicken attached and using a crab net? i plan to fish the NAS or the Rec center because all of that is all level 5-7 feet water depth in marsh land type of environment.
          Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Working...
          X