New Maryland state record Large Mouth Bass caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Maryland state record Large Mouth Bass caught

It was caught from a pond somewhere but a 26" 11lb 6 oz Large Mouth Bass was caught recently. I am surprised a bass could grow that big in a pond.

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2013/08...rgemouth-bass/
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Damn that's a big hawg. That's perfect too - a 12 year old catches it on a plastic worm!

Comment

Wow, lucky kid!
      Mike

Comment

That is Awesome! I bet that Bass was munching on bluegills all its life.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Awesome that it was a youngster who caught it....
          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
          484-459-9863
          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Caught in Huntingtown, MD. Which is basically where my lake/pond is... we grow em big down there!! So Jealous of that fish.

Comment

I wonder what that bass weighed in March - April? Might have been a 12 pounder.

I never thought that Maryland Largemouth state record would go down (especially since Maryland changed to "catch and release" only March - June 15th).

That kid caught the bass of a lifetime at age 12! Weightless T-Rigged plastic worm on 8 pound test, fantastic!
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Wow!
                2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                X