CBKA Tournament Interesting Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBKA Tournament Interesting Update

Well, we have over 80 participants registered already. A lot of work is going into this Tournament to make it the best one yet. Here are some items to make note of:

Did you know that the fun last from Friday to Sunday Sept 15th? Last year many stayed at the camp grounds and fished Sunday morning before checking out. So the fishing fun does not have to end Saturday night.

Last year a small group started to grill hot dogs to share which turned out to be a hit after the Friday's Captain Meeting for those who participated...you know who you are. Well, there seems to be an unofficial movement to do something similar again this year. Some participants are bringing items to grill and share with the others. Like an unofficial pot luck after the captain's meeting. So, if you will like to join in on this, then please do. Feel free to post any items that you may want to bring and share with whoever joins in on this thread. I even heard there maybe a Masgouf Fish demonstration..yum.

Please remember that this is an unofficial event, so please clean up so there is no trash left behind and enjoy the fellowship with your brother and sister yakers.

Did you know that propane grills are allowed?

Did you know that we will be raffling off a kayak?

Did you know that oysters will also be at the captain's meeting?

Do not forget to bring your crab traps to catch a winning crab at the tournament.

So hurry up and register for the CBKA Tournament and spread the word.

Here is just one stack of boxes that I have waiting for the tournament. All full of awesome prizes and swag for the raffle and prize divisions!!!

1173685_606408249381606_165131228_n.jpg

Gonna be the best raffle and tournament yet!!!

Comment

does a horseshoe crab count?
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Yup hopefully, Masgouf Rockfish will be on the menu Friday night... provided of course the Rocks cooperate Friday during the day
        -Mustafa
        ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2012 Hobie Revolution 13
        "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Hmmmm... I think Jerk Shrimp Skewers may be on the menu......

Comment

Man, I may just leave my cooking gear at home!

SIKE!

Not sure what I will fire up this year...any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
              LOL.....no, horseshoe crab does not count for the crab division, but who knows, it may count towards something else that I cannot mention until the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by echo5oscar View Post
                Man, I may just leave my cooking gear at home!

SIKE!

Not sure what I will fire up this year...any suggestions?
                Nathans hotdogs seemed to be a hit last year......hmmmm, maybe chilli toppings too!.....and add shredded cheese.....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
                  Maybe. Like Martin hinted, we make $hit up "on the fly". (Props to Harry for borrowing his handle!)

It's in the rules. Opportunities to provide for more winners. And, everyone involved is a winner. We appreciate all the support!! More surprises coming!

Comment

Cownose rays? Who is going to drag one on their yak and measure? Maybe raptor.

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                      Cownose rays? Who is going to drag one on their yak and measure? Maybe raptor.
                      Take a pic! Ya never know what we'll come up with beyond what's published!

Comment

Since not everyone will make the captains meeting can you let everyone know what VHF channel we will be monitoring for the event?

Comment

Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                          Since not everyone will make the captains meeting can you let everyone know what VHF channel we will be monitoring for the event?
                          I don't remember doing that last year. But, how about Ch 9?

http://www.boatus.com/foundation/gui...ipment_19.html

Then we'll switch to 68, 69, 71 or 72 depending upon volume chatter.

May be best to just do cell phones.Both Martin and I will be on the chase boat.

Comment

We did last year, thought it was 71, but CRS prohibits me from swearing to it. Channel 9 is fine.

Comment

Just to answer a question... yes, Cell Phone Cameras are allowed if you do not have a regular digital camera with a removable memory card. Cell phone users will have to provide their USB cable during the photo judging so their photos can be copied for judging.

Comment

Working...
                              X