No announcement yet.

Camping & Kayak Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i took a waterfront campsite at Toms Cove park at chincoteaque and launched right in front of my tent. good scenery with parkland across the way and i did ok with the flounder. they have an oyster shell beach that will slice ribbons out of a hull (use your cart)

frontier town at assateaque has some natural sites for tents down by the water but i think you have to walk your yak around the canal end to use the ramp because of marsh edge. they have sites for RV's etc too. campers can use their waterpark for free.

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
      I'm getting ready to pick up a 20' Travel trailer and was wondering if anyone knows of some good camp grounds with good kayak fishing access.
      Jane Island State Park is one of most Kayak friendly Campgrounds I ever seen

Comment

I would recommend Martinak state park on the eastern shore near Denton. Good ramp/launch and clean quiet campsites. Not crowded. Good fishing on the upper Choptank for bass perch (inc. yellows) and catfish.

Comment

I was thinking of loading up the kids and both yaks and heading to Savage River on the 17th. Anyone have a more recent fishing report (or a better suggestion)?
          2000 Old Town Loon 138T
          2013 Field and Stream Eagle Talon

Comment

Mason Neck state park also very nice, I think you can camp there. You can target LM and SH

Comment

I'm getting ready to pick up a 20' Travel trailer and was wondering if anyone knows of some good camp grounds with good kayak fishing access.
              The location of our Aug Meet and greet, Dennis Point Marina, has a good setup

So does point lookout State park.

Both are around $25 per night
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Been all around for decades .......... Cherrystone is my favorite for a camper ......... Va Eastern shore fishing, small water park, couple of pools Tackleshop 3 piers w/free slips and launch ramp, store, produce and seafood place, all kinds of activities for kids day and nights, kayak and boat rentals, beach and did I mention fishing at your doorstep

....... And Rocky Gap for the mountains and trout and bass fishing
                Last edited by Memory Maker; 08-03-2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to check these sites out.

The camping on savage river, Is that at Big Run State Park?
                  I was looking at that the other night but when i looked at it on google maps satellite, there wasn't much water in the reservoir.
                  Sorry this is so late. I believe the reservoir was being repaired a few years ago when this shots were taken. Nice shots though tell you the contours of the lake bottom.
                  PigPen - Mt Airy
                  Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
                  X