Where to this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to this weekend?

I am heading out this weekend on my yak, I just don't know where to yet. I was thinking of going to Piney Run, which is a lake West of where I live (Arundle Mills) near Sykesville. I have never done awesome there but this time last year there was a tournament there and there was a TON of big fish caught, plus I haven't gone in my kayak yet. I also kind of wante to go to the Susquehana flats. I hear LM bass and Striper fishing is good there, especially this time of year. So I am looking for opinions on where a good place to go would be AND directions to the Susky flats because I haven't been there so I don't know where to get in the water and all that fun stuff. Thanks!

I fished Piney Run last year about 6 times and we always caught some largemouth bass there. I missed a really big one that tried to horse in too quickly. There's stripers in there too.

I'll be hitting the Potomac on Saturday. Evenutally I want to try the Susqy flats, but I think I'll wait a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
      I fished Piney Run last year about 6 times and we always caught some largemouth bass there. I missed a really big one that tried to horse in too quickly. There's stripers in there too.

I'll be hitting the Potomac on Saturday. Evenutally I want to try the Susqy flats, but I think I'll wait a few weeks.
      Where were you fishing when you went to Piney run? I REALLY want to hook into a Largemouth with a frog over the lillies. I have yet to do it and I want to so dang bad. I have had very BAD luck there when I have gone so any info on where you were and what you were using would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I am heading out this weekend on my yak, I just don't know where to yet. I was thinking of going to Piney Run, which is a lake West of where I live (Arundle Mills) near Sykesville. I have never done awesome there but this time last year there was a tournament there and there was a TON of big fish caught, plus I haven't gone in my kayak yet. I also kind of wante to go to the Susquehana flats. I hear LM bass and Striper fishing is good there, especially this time of year. So I am looking for opinions on where a good place to go would be AND directions to the Susky flats because I haven't been there so I don't know where to get in the water and all that fun stuff. Thanks!

I would be interested in a giving that place a try. Hitting it early for some topwater action would be great!

Comment

What day would be good for you summerfan?

Comment

I'm wide open.

Comment

I would prefer to go on Sunday. My friend might be able to go then too. I like to be there when it opens at 0700 or earlier. Is there a way we could carpool? Or do you just want to meet there? I think if I told my friend I was meeting someone up there he might be more apt to go up there with us.

Comment

I would prefer to go on Sunday. My friend might be able to go then too. I like to be there when it opens at 0700 or earlier. Is there a way we could carpool? Or do you just want to meet there? I think if I told my friend I was meeting someone up there he might be more apt to go up there with us.
                I can't transport more than one kayak so we would have to meet there. Or we could meet at another location and caravan.

/edit

I'm going to have to pass on fishing Piney Run. After doing some reading about the place I think it's a place better suited for springtime fishing. As it stands I'm leaning towards heading across the bridge to Tuckahoe State Park.
                Last edited by Strummerfan; 08-30-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

That is interesting because they have a end of summer tourny and last year the top three places were 4.95, 4.85, and 4.75 pounds

Comment

That is interesting because they have a end of summer tourny and last year the top three places were 4.95, 4.85, and 4.75 pounds
                    I sent you a pm

Comment

Working...
                    X