Can you fish for free in MD if you are over 75 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you fish for free in MD if you are over 75 years old

I was going to take my dad fishing, but I was not sure if her needed a MD license. He is from out of state, so I do not know if he can fish for free....

This is the only thing I see on their site regarding senior citizens.

Resident Senior Consolidated License (available to MD residents only) allows a Maryland resident who is 65 years of age or older, or will become 65 years of age in the current calendar year, to fish in the fresh waters of Maryland (including trout) and in Maryland's tidal waters of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, Atlantic coast and coastal bays from January 1 through December 31.
    Resident $5.00

Comment

Hey Moc,
      You Dad can only fish w/o a license if you take him to a Free Fishing Zone....these are shoreline areas that are posted as such, or on a charter boat or a boat where the owner has a Captain's License....which covers everyone on the boat....or if he fishes on a private dock as a guest of the waterfront owner. Additionally, he can fish for free on a MD Free Fishing Day(the 1st 2 saturdays in June and July 4th). You can buy him a temporary license cheaper than the annual license. Good luck, let us know if he outfishes you!

Comment

Working...
      X