Piney Run Tomorrow (9-2-13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Run Tomorrow (9-2-13)

I am going out with a friend of mine tomorrow to Piney Run. We are going to be there at about 0700 because that is when the park opens. We are going to fish for a few hours at least. If you want to go for a last minute trip tomorrow, let me know!!

I've been thinking about giving that place a try. Interested in seeing how you do.
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Comment

The last couple times I have been out there I haven't done well, but "if at first you don't succeed..." right? This will be my first time there on a yak and I feel like I will be able to cover A LOT more water with it and hopefully get on the fish. I also have some ideas for different bait to use too. I will let you know how I do out there tomorrow, keep an eye out on the posts tomorrow or the next day.

Comment

How did you guys do? I got in too late Sunday night to pack up for the morning so I tried for the evening bite and fortunatly a weirdly shaped bluegill kept me from being skunked. I don't typically catch a lot on the lake but not 1 fish. I did see a bald eagle fly by and a crane scarred off some ducks.
        PigPen - Mt Airy
        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I had a decent day out there. I had heard from a local fisherman out there that the bite is not good at all this time of the year because of the heat so I guess there is some truth to it. I caught two bass. One of them would have definitely been a keeper, if not both of them. I caught both of the LM bass on a huddleston weedless shad swimbait. I had never caught a fish on it before and I got two yesterday. It was a decent time. I looked at the results for the early August night fishing tournament and the top two places caught a 5.12 lb and a 4.99 lb. So they are obviously in there, i just have no clue where they are at.

Comment

I haven't been to Piney Lake for many years. As I remember, it's a bit pricey for non-county residence to launch there. I think it was around $8. Is it still pricey??? Also, are there any lily pad fields there?
            Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Originally posted by HJS View Post
              I haven't been to Piney Lake for many years. As I remember, it's a bit pricey for non-county residence to launch there. I think it was around $8. Is it still pricey??? Also, are there any lily pad fields there?
              There are still a TON of areas with lilies there. There are some good places with top water grass as well, where my buddy caught a decent bass on a frog. I believe they charge $10 for parking and $8 to launch your boat. It is such a beautiful lake and decent fishing so I wouldn't make it an everyday fishing spot, but definitely worth the trip a few times a year.

Comment

Working...
              X