tri-state marine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tri-state marine

any body going to tri-state marine ff market on saturday? i still need to get some deer tail to make some bucktails and some rig making material. hear some good things about this ff market but my first time

what time are you "gentlemen", (i use that term loosely), getting there tomorrow? i think we need to get MKF flexfit hats. the oval rockfish logo on the front and in small lettering on the back Maryland Kayak Fishing. Be good for recognizing everyone at these events.
    Last edited by mdmakaira410; 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM.
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

I am going to try to make it somewhat early. I have to work at 12. What, no MKF hats!

Surf: "...need some deer tail." You Hobie guys have been fishing, way too long.

Comment

hats would be great, still sporting my KFS hat. getting there about 7, parking might be tight.

Dogfish, at your age you should know any tail is good tail.

Comment

I'm going, don't know about 0700 A little early for me maybe 0800.
          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

At my age, most tail is too fast for me.

Comment

Getting ready to leave the house now, gonna get me some of that tail also!!!
              GB

Comment

memory maker said he found quite a few good deals, things i wasnt looking for or even notice. still doesnt hold a candle to the PSG market on the 19th & 20th

Comment

Got there around 09:30, once again alot of big fishing gear, did pick up some tubes to try and some BKDs and a couple of lures from Specialized Baits. Already spent my weekly fund on a new rod and reel set-up for live lining.
                  Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                  LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

OK ....... went late mainly to see friends from here and Tidalfish ...... told myself that I wouldn't spend anything and didn't need anything ..........

Yeah .... that worked out!!!!

THe Knife man was set up outside ....... he sells the BEST fileting knife I've ever owned so of course I bought another ....... high grade very flexible steel the holds an edge forever w/a leather sheath ...... $38. OK deal for a quality knife. but I neede this one ....... 1 for home, one for the truck and 1 for the trailer ..........

Inside I only saw a couple of guys I knew and a few vendors I knew and bought from before ........

What did I get:

whole roll of #309 SS welding wire .045 thickness wire probably worthe around $200 ........ $20. THis is a lifetime supply for thru wiring, spinner baits, surgical tubes and anything else that is made from wire.

5 Dipsy Divers for $4, 15 or more gator and medium pet spoons with 2 smaller ones that had real mother of pearl as the attractant w/box $10 .......

small/medium Diamond jigs (@15) w/box $4

A bunch of bucktails w/7 in rubber skirts, charteuse hair, a medium wooden down planer board and package of 2 5" flasher spoons, rod sock ...... $1 each ....... not a great deal but the long skirts are hard to find

About 10 eel tins for $6 ..........

2 lead molds that looked unused ..... popeye and bullet nose $15 ea ......

etc

THought going later would eliminate the good deals but the deals got better the later in the day ......... left @ 11:30 - 12 ish .......

Gotta stop going to those things ..........

How did you guys do?

Who went?

Comment

.......... oh ......... and a couple of tubes $1 ea.

Hey tucked in ........... the specialized baits ........ were they the jigheads/bucktails w/the glass eyes .......... man THEY WERE SICK ......... want to try to make some if I can find those smaller marbles .......... if not I will get some later .......

Comment

the guy with the big glass eye bucktails was called spankinstripers.com

Comment

I like this one better than the MD FF market. I bought a fishing bag, tube lures, fishing rod bells, a surf rod, a trolling rod, Lenny's "Fishing the Chesapeake" book (with his autograph), Specialized Bait Lil Bunker, Fishbites, Jensen Dodgers and a bunch of $1 lures. That's all.
                          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

that books pretty good read it a couple years ago, nice haul

Comment

Lots of good info. I'm reading the part about the Susquehanna. Maybe I can fish there in late Spring. Got to find the latest rules about fishing there first.
                              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
                              X