New Member, stumbled upon the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member, stumbled upon the site

Hi All, Just started kayak fishing recently. I have an emotion tandemonium. No clue why I haven't fished from it sooner. I was at Mattawoman Creek last Sunday (my birthday) determined to catch a snakehead. Caught two decent LMB. Had my wife and 8 year old. I am trying to purchase another kayak. My daughter is getting too big to just sit in the bow and since she learned to cast with an open face reel, she is keen on fishing with us...I'm not comforatable with her swinging a hook with us all in the boat. I am looking at a Hobie with the pedal drive. I'm planning on becoming a regular at Mattawoman and hope to run into you guys. I am planning on being out there again this coming Sunday. I wan't to rent one of the Hobies they have on sight and give it a test. I may try to get there on Saturday solo (daughter has dance practice). We launched and went to the right, just to the first bend on the right, at the line of wooden poles. Looking forward meeting some others and picking up some advice on where to go. I live in Waldorf.

bass.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Welcome aboard!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome. Check the Tackle Box section for sale stuff including yaks.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
        Welcome. Check the Tackle Box section for sale stuff including yaks.
        Thanks guys. Yep, I was browsing the items earlier. The weekend can't get here soon enough. Gotta hate it when work gets in the way of the reel important stuff
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

clm,

Good to have you with us.

Welcome to Snaggedline.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome clm! Just a note on a kids yak, my 6 yo son uses a Lifetime Wave youth kayak. It's a 6' sit-on-top that can handle 140 lbs. It's super stable and he loves going fishing on it. Plus it only weighs 18 lbs so he can drag it around by himself. It's best for calm water given how small it is but at only $120 for the boat and paddle, it's hard to find a better deal.
            yak.jpg

-Mike
            Mike
            Feelfree Lure 11.5
            Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Thanks Mike. I haven't thought about getting her one of her own... hmmmm.....
              Hobie Outback
              Stand Up Paddle Board
              Pelican 100

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Went out at mattawoman today around 1345. There was a SH under the dock. Too many screaming kids on it to hang around. I went out to the left today. Saw a snake and zero fish. Still, it was great to be out. The emotion kayak handled great solo. Hard to stay in place and fish as the tide came in though. Really wanting that hobie now. Saw a couple other kayak fishers, but didnt see anyone hooking up. I may try again tomorrow. Where do you guys go for catfish?
                  Hobie Outback
                  Stand Up Paddle Board
                  Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                  X