Fishing Excursion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Excursion

Last year I visited the Elk River in November for some great steelhead action. I was thinking about heading to Pulaski this year for salmon fishing but perhaps I missed the boat this year. Do you guys have favorite fishing excursions you like to go on? I think it's probably a good idea to go on at least one a year

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

I Really want to take the kayaks to Floridas space coast in march. I spent 3 weeks on Merrit Island last year, fishing the Banana River/ Indian river while wading. The Redfish and speckled trout fishing was amazing. More skates and stingrays on the bottom than you could shake a stick at, and there is just something about being 1/2 mile from shore standing on the bottom in water that could easily be home to bullsharks and alligators! Cant wait to take the Kayak down.

Comment

Wow, awesome. Florida is a place I'd love to go fishing but I don't know anything about where or the species. One day I'll so some investigating, but it's def on the list!

Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

This summer I spent 17 day fishing the lower Kennebec River in Maine. I've been going every year for over a decade. I did pretty well this summer catching 66 stripers. About half were caught while in my trusty canoe with trolling motor, rest caught from shore. All caught on 5” soft plastic fished weightless on the surface (same lure I use to catch smbass on the Susky @ Harrisburg). Here’s a shot of one of the bigger ones, so big that I couldn’t get the entire fish in one shot without standing up… and I wasn’t about to do that in my canoe while in 20’ of water with swift currents. The measuring board stops at 31”. I know there’s feature in my camera software that will merge the 2 photos, just haven’t learned it yet. I’ll also attach a few shots of the side bay on the Kennebec where I caught this fish as well as many more of slightly small sizes. Beautiful place to fish.

32" striper, side Bay on the Kennebec River.
        Kennebes, 7-30-13 - A.JPGKennebec, 7-30-13 - B.JPG

Very near where I caught the pictured striper.
        Kennebec, 7-30-13 - C.JPG

Same place the next morning during slack high. I love this place!!!
        Kennebec, 7-31-13 - D.JPG
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Nice, that looks awesome. I love when it's foggy like that. Of all places, striper fishing in Maine? How'd you find out about this place?

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Annual trip to our cottage in Ontario, Canada. BTW I would let it be used by others if interested ....
            a few of our favorite pics
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
            X