Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever fished the Roue 30 bridge in Wrightsville/Columbia, PA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever fished the Roue 30 bridge in Wrightsville/Columbia, PA?

I'm going to be up that way this weekend and though I won't have the yak, I'm looking to cast from shore and maybe even wade some. Has anyone ever fished this section of the Susquehanna and if so, would you mind sharing knowledge in terms of access points and fishing strategy? I've heard it's a good section of river for Smallmouth and Catfish ...
    Hobie Revolution

I haven't fished this area but I did check out the access points on the west side early this summer in Wrightsville. Flows were higher than so I'm not sure what the river habitat looks like now during lower flows. There is a road that parallels the river closely in Wrightsville. Its self explainable once you get there, it's not a big town. This road goes past at least 3 different access points. The one that looks like the most wadeable is located directly under the Rt 30 bridge on the west side. Park under the Rt30 bridge and walk about 200' to the river. There's also a launch right in town by the old stone iron forages and another launch just south (downriver) of Wrightville. Won't take you long to check out all 3 of them.
    Last edited by HJS; 09-20-2013, 07:12 AM.
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Well I grew up in Lancaster and know the river well. If the water is low you can definitely wade just be careful it can be rocky. If you are wading definitely go in from the Wrightsville side. Drive up past the boat ramp and all the way up to the bridge and you can wade in there. Crazy good smallmouth and catfish action in that river. Good memories with the dad and brothers there. Enjoy and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by kayakcarts1
        Kayak fishing is one of the most pleasurable ways to spend a relaxing day out on the water. Kayaks are comfortable and fun to use, and they also keep you close to the water’s surface. This allows you to watch the fish underneath you as they get near your kayak and your fishing line. Kayaks are also compact and maneuverable, making them an excellent choice when fishing in rivers or small lakes. They can also be used out at sea or in the ocean. For more info you can go on kayakcarts.net
        Mike, Ban this guy. I am fairly sure it is a BOT. If you are not a BOT kayakcart1 the site you are promoting is terrible.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

You can sink a nightcrawler almost anywhere in that section and catch catfish. The smallmouth bite is another story, it has been spotty and definitely not what it used to be. Fishing the rocky shoreline structure with a mr. twister is where I've had the most luck.

Comment

Oh yea it was 15 years ago when I was last there

Comment

I live in Lancaster and have caught smallmouth here before. heading west on 462 you cross the river and go left. you will see a small parking lot and boat ramp on your left. You can park there and walk down river. Near where Kreutz creek feeds into the susquehanna is a good spot and usually can be waded. Depending on water levels, you can usually wade out to where it drops off. I throw leadhead jigs with white grubs or paddle tails. Good luck and give us a report!
              2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

Comment

Working...
              X