anyone going to spsp saturday 9/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone going to spsp saturday 9/21

I sit here looking at the weather, having a cold one, trying to decide weather or not to go. it does'nt look to bad up until maybe noon or so,then a gradual wind increase to 17 mph.I definately wont stay for the 17 but may make a early run. Anyone else?a couple more cold ones and I'll load up the yak for sure!

I'm load'in up.

Comment

I was thinking about it...but got an insider report from Thursday and Today, only one keeper each. Spot are also hard to find near the pylons. I am changing plans and launching out of Tucker St. and fishing Weems Creek. I will hit a favorite oyster bed trolling for rockfish in the main river and then head back into the creek before the winds pick up. I am hoping for a few perch for dinner. If you change your mind...you know where to find me.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

spot are easy to find at anglers! good luck my friend, I'll report in tomorrow pm.

Comment

I fished yesterday am. The only Striper I caught was on the only Spot that I caught but it was a keeper. The water was flat calm and beautiful, but the bite wasn't as good as its been. Chex brought out some spot from anglers a little later in the morning and I had a couple more run-offs but no more hook ups. There wasn't much current while I was out there, hopefully that was to blame and you tear em up! I read water temps around 73 last Saturday and 67 yesterday.

Might be time for the jigging bite to improve....
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

It's 3;15am right now and I'm getting ready to head out, thanks for the info. Maybe that big moon had them feeding all night. Hopefully the fish are hungry this morning.I'm gonna stay til it gets too sporty for me out there(which wont take too much). I'll post later,Thanks.

Comment

I spent 30 minutes jigging at the eastern side rockpile on Fri morning. I marked fish on the bottom. Most of them were blues, although my first fish caught jigging there was a 16" rockfish. They chewed up a bunch of my BKDs and plastics. I had three separate jigheads bitten off (not after a hookup as the fish was swimming around, but just sitting in the water). On all three cases, I went to lift the rod tip and felt no resistance. When I wound in, the lure was gone -- bitten off through the leader. After losing three large jigheads, a dozen plastics, and one Crippled Herring spoon, I departed for greener pastures. Fortunately, I found them.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

There was an algae bloom spotted yesterday near the BB. Seems strange that it would occur when water temps are in the low 70's. Let's hope that it was small and has dispersed by now. Photo courtesy of Shawn Kimbro FB page. Shawn noted also that the fish seemed to have scattered from BB area:

Red Tide in Bay Sept 13 2013.jpg

Comment

I was out there yesterday morning. The bite was not there. I did manage to catch 1 keeper. Lots of Blues at the Rock pile.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

I made it back. It was alittle sporty out there to say the least. bought 8 spot at anglers, cought one 20" rockfish off piling 23 north span. released two spot, the other 5 died on the hook. the one fish made it worth the trip but it was just about as rough as I would like to fish. The kayak and I handled the swells just fine, But man what a lot of work just to stay in position.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
                      There was an algae bloom spotted yesterday near the BB. Seems strange that it would occur when water temps are in the low 70's. Let's hope that it was small and has dispersed by now. Photo courtesy of Shawn Kimbro FB page. Shawn noted also that the fish seemed to have scattered from BB area:
                      There is toxic algae that thrive in cooler waters... known to Japan and Norway.. we had a scientist(s) identify them in the bays near Ocean City.. one is called
                      Chattonella Verruculosa . Although I am not sure if Chattonella Verruculosa produces "red" algae blooms. Known to be carried in the ballast water of ships.
                      It would have been great if somebody had taken a sample of the algae bloom to be tested.

Comment

Working...
                      X