month-long Severn River rockfish event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• month-long Severn River rockfish event

I wanted to make the kayak anglers on this board aware of an annual event run by the Severn River Rod and Keg Club (I am currently SRRKC president). It is the oldest of our events -- Rocktoberfest. Eligible fish must be photographed on a measuring device, with the photos submitted as evidence. You can fish as many times as you choose throughout the month of October. The details of the event are listed below.

Entry Fee: $10 / person
    Minimum Size for Leaderboard: 20"
    Prizes:
    1. Single Longest Rockfish: 60%
    2. Longest Aggregate of 3 fish: 30%
    3. SRRKC Fund: 10%
    Measurement rules: A photo must be provided and fish will be measured to the closest 1/4" rounding down. The mouth must be closed and the measurement ends at the tip of the tail. Final measurement will be determined by tournament director, president, and vice president by vote.

Tournament Coordinator: Evans AKA Big E.

Severn River Demarcation Line: Tolly Point (land) to Hacketts Point (land) - includes Whitehall Bay and tributaries

All monies must be in by Oct 9th. Please send them to Evans Campbell 1200 M Gemini Dr Annapolis MD 21403. Or show up to the October meeting and drop off to leadership or myself.

Big E, the event chair, is already starting some smack talk about the "kayactivists" -- jealously at its finest, I'm sure. I hope that some of you will consider entering the event. Please note that any entries must be made by Oct 9. If you want to enter in person, our next SRRKC meeting will be on Wed Oct 2 at 6:30 at the Rams Head Roadhouse. Also note that fish must be caught in the Severn or Whitehall Bay. The Bay Bridge is definitely out of bounds for the event.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

This looks like fun.

Comment

this is another tourney set up and ready for yakkers to dominate!

Comment

Working...
      X