Anyone furlough fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone furlough fishing?

I'm on furlough. Was wondering if anyone other furloughed Feds are fishing? I'm thinking of going out tomorrow, not sure where, but I'd like to make some use of my Queen Anne's launch permit.

From the sounds of what's being said on the news, we may have a couple of weeks of furlough fishing.
    ::sigh::

I've been through this before, but it's never fun wondering how long we'll be out.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

I hear you, I'm headed to the upper Potomac by Brunswick again. Probably arrive to the landers area and drag my kayak up the trail around 6am.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Think I will hit Piney Point
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

furlough fisherman here. Luckily I was able to secure 7hrs of work at my part time job tomorrow. I hit the patuxent yesterday, If I am free on friday, I will fish then. location yet to be determined...
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

good luck to you furlough'ers hopfully resolved soon...

Comment

I think we're in for the long haul .......... Last time it was 28 days ........ This time it's both the continuing resolution because there is no budget and the debt ceiling ....... Last time it was just a budget.......... Sure hope I'm wrong

Comment

Looks like you may be right, MM- although the costs are a lot more today- 23 million dollars an hour

Comment

Must be nice guys (or not). Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I am deemed essential so not only am I not getting paid, I am required to still go to work! and with that said I sure as hell would prefer fishing! This

Comment

I am not furloughed (yet) however I was able to land me a couple of days off. I'm heading down to Poquoson tomorrow morning and if I can get away from the wife I would be willing to join any group going out on Friday.

Comment

Back River has some very good fishing in Poquoson...might be a little late in the season for Cobia, but specks and flounder are plentiful...

Comment

Here too. Took my boys fishing on the first furlough day. Looking to hit the south river tomorrow. I'd like to use these days to go to places I haven't been before. Piney point is next on my list!
                      -Mustafa
                      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

My wife is, but I am "lucky" enough to work for a government agency that does not receive appropriations. Business as usual. I told my wife she is wasting her time by not fishing...we should switch
                        Hobie Outback
                        Stand Up Paddle Board
                        Pelican 100

Comment

The NPS closed access to the boat ramps along the Potomac / canal trail. They didn't say no tresspasing but did say closed for access and travel.
                          PigPen - Mt Airy
                          Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by PigPen View Post
                            The NPS closed access to the boat ramps along the Potomac / canal trail. They didn't say no tresspasing but did say closed for access and travel.
                            Luckily there's parking at Lander outside the gate!
                            Mike
                            Feelfree Lure 11.5
                            Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Luckily there's parking at Lander outside the gate!
                              HA! I was thinking the same thing.
                              2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                              X