anyone want to go out tomorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone want to go out tomorrow?

Launching from my community on back creek off of americana drive to troll and fish around the jetty at the mouth of back creek. If your interested let me know and you can launch from there and I will show you where you need to park so you wont get towed. As long ad your with me its not an issue to use the launch. Looking to get down there around 6am. Let me know!.

I trolled 4 lines around the mouth of Weems this morning. In nearly 2 hours of trolling a variety of different lures, I caught just one 10" striper. I did get a few perch casting to shorelines. But the slow catching, gusty wind, and several lost lures made today's outing less than optimal. The steady trolling bite in that location from last month has not materialized recently.

My next kayak outing will be in Tampa Bay on Thurs afternoon.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Hey John thanks for the report. Me and Goody webt out this morning and trolled around the bay near at the mouth of back creek. I caught my first striper that was about 12" on a kastmaster spoon and then hooked into what had to of been a real nice striper on a storm shad that was tearing drag out like crazy only to loose it right at the side of the kayak. Goody caught a few blues and stripers. I was just happy to gey a striper.

Comment

I'm glad you got your striper. Next time you can catch the one that got away.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X