Anyone fish Conowingo recently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone fish Conowingo recently?

I was told the fishing has improved there and am considering putting in on the eastern side by the railroad bridge. Is it worth the trip or should I just go to the flats?
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

I put in at Fisherman's Park 2 weeks ago Saturday morning and ended up with 30" and 22" Stripers for dinner. I caught about 10 shorts also all on Topwater first thing in the morning. Oh, and a 30+ inch catfish on a Tony Acetta size 17. Thought I had another nice Striper at first. I saw a few guys right at the "Boats can't go any farther" sign anchored catching a few keepers as well on what looked like bloodworms and cut bait. The slingers up at the base of the dam seem to pull a keeper out every 10 minutes or so like clockwork.

Comment

I was up there a couple of weeks ago - put in at Lapidum. Picked up 6 nice smallmouth - 18-20" missed 3 others. All but one caught on weightless senko, the other on a white spinnerbait. Had a few hits on top water walk the dog lure.

Comment

I was up there 2 Sundays ago. Not much water flowing. There were a bunch of yak fisherman out there. Nobody I talked to had gotten anything. One guy did have a smallie on. I'm going to the suskie on Sunday morn. Probably at fishermans park.
        ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Working...
        X