2/10 Question of the DAy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/10 Question of the DAy

It looks like we all may get a break, 55 degrees next week. I may have to go to Susq. State Park myself. Some live shinners should scrounge up something, smallies and walleye. I'll have to check the river conditions. Anyway, a break in the weather.

Good thing about the weather. I was starting to worry about some of these fisherman.

Question of the Day: Who is going to take advantage of the good weather and go fishing? This is the perfect excuse for a fishing get together, in place of the February meet and greet. 55 degrees on Sunday!!!

we were talking about puttin the immersion stuff on and trying to fish the bridge, hopefully find a couple of those monster 50" fish hanging around down deep that kimbro's been teasing us with. (assuming the wind cooperates a bit)
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

is the water still frozen?
      sigpic

Comment

Except for still water, like ponds or small lakes, most of it looks open.

Comment

Foursteps and I were gonna go out on Saturday, but it looks like the preliminary forecast is calling for wind. We'll keep our eyes on it...
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

I was thinking I may go up to the Susky again on Sunday for some more perch, but now that you mention it, walleye would be real nice. How far down the river do they go?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Would love to get the yak out on it's maiden voyage but I still need to gear up. Need some waders at the very least.
              Digital Livewell

Comment

Originally posted by the_kegs View Post
                Would love to get the yak out on it's maiden voyage but I still need to gear up. Need some waders at the very least.
                Yep the air might be nice but that water is still deadly now. I'm still concerned going out with waders, good thermal layers and a semi drytop. I know even with 2 belts the semi drytop is my weak link. I will stay in areas that i can get quickly to shore or go with a partner in case bad turns to worse and i cant manage to self rescue quickly.

I will have a nice drytop come tax return though hopefully sooner.

Speaking of gear i need to go to dicks tomorrow for lunch and get me a couple pairs of thick wool socks for Saturday. I don't want my feet to freeze out there.

Comment

I am hoping to fish sunday....thinking the susqy again. Any other ideas? Open for something new. Was thinking about fishing the bridge but don't feel comfortable doing that by myself and is weather/winds pending.

Comment

So who is going Saturday to the Susky? My Sunday is booked, but Saturday is a possibility.

Comment

probably go to kn and try some bucktails under the bridge before tie fest.

Comment

Working...
                      X