Heading to the Susqy at Rivers Edge Campground on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to the Susqy at Rivers Edge Campground on Monday

for some smallie fishing.... can you join us? correction, it is called riverfront not river edge, thank you HJS
    Last edited by docirv; 10-24-2013, 07:53 AM.
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

docirv - Are you talking about Riverfront Campground at the mouth of the Juniata in PA???
    Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Yes, that's it...
      http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
      484-459-9863
      If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
      *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

I was up there yesterday23 and fished one of my favorite shallow boulder and ridge filled areas just a few miles below the Juniata. This area has treated me very well during the past couple of months. After 2.5 hours of fishing I caught only one 14” smbass. That was the only fish I encountered the entire 2.5 hours… no other hits, no swirls, no sign of fish anywhere. The shallows appear to be empty of bass. Over the past 7 days river temps have dropped ~14F, from 65F to 51F. I’m thinking that over the past couple of days many of the bass have vacated their summer shallow haunts and moved to the deep pools for the winter months.

So you will need to know where these deep holding pools are located. Since I much prefer fishing the shallows for smallies, when they go deep I switch fisheries and go back to the Bay.

If you go let us know how you do.
        Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Working...
        X