3rd annual Fishing Flea Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd annual Fishing Flea Market

OK Guys and Gals, Its time again to have the 3rd annual Fishing Flea Market at the Lake Shore Vol. Fire Dept in Pasadena, Md. It will again be on the first Saturday in March. The date is March 1, 2014. The Fire Dept has agreed to keep the table price at $10 per table. Snaggedline will again be given a free table and I will be in touch with the Snaggedline leadership about this. We have already had calls about the flea mkt from reterning vendors. I have discovered that we will be in competition with the Kayak demo's at BassPro again. The first year I put on the Kayak demo at BassPro I didn't have it on the same weekend and now there are outside influences contributing to this that are out of my control. Regardless, We will still have the flea market and I think the Kayak Demo takes maybe 2-4 volunteers and we didn't have a loss of help as a result of the same thing last year. WE WILL NOT BE PLACING TABLES IN THE ENGINE BAY as we did last year. That didn't work!!! We will again be doing this as a fundraiser for the MD HOW chapter. There is a change there as well. The Fire Dept wants to split their profits with HOW and a Pasadena organization that many of you are aware of or know of... We will be supporting the Pasadena Sport Fishing Group's KIDS FISHING DERBY'S. The Fire Dept. wants to support a local charity as well as supporting our wounded warriors through the MD HOW group. The PSG has held several Kids fishing derby's and supply's each child with a fishing rod and reel and one on one help. I have attended one of these events and it really hits you in the heart to see a 3 yr old child who normally wouldn't have the means or funds to take a kid fishing. How could I not agree to that. I hope you all agree and continue to support this worthwhile event. I will be seeking volunteers from MD HOW to help advertise. I personally put in over 100 hours going to various Fishing Swap meets prior to our event. The other reason behind supporting the PSG group is that their membership is MANY!!! They can help promote this event even more. I will for the first time be selling stuff and chilling for the first time. I'm planning on Tying some fly's and getting rid of all of the CRAP I have amassed over the years... Please reserve your spaces early as I anticipate them filling up early. The Fire Dept. committee has agreed to give free spaces to any vendors that were in the engine bay last year to help recoup the loss and disaster that happened last year. They will also be looking for sponsors and donors for raffle items different from last years raffle. We will be having raffle tix printed commercially and will be asking everyone to help sell them. The profits will come from all raffle's I think door donation's which will remain the same as last year as of now... It may go up by $1. It was $2 last year and the fire dept. wants to raise it a bit. Hoping that Overboard Rods and a few other folks would be willing to help out with a few NICE ITEMS to raffle. This is not in conjunction with the vendor donated raffles that we do every 30 miinutes. We will also need volunteers to sit at the door and sell tix and collect door fee's with a member of the fire dept. I will be posting a meeting in the next couple months or so.
    Thanks everyone.
    If you or anyone you know of wants a table have them contact me at 4433067306 or mail a check for $10 per table have it made out to LSVFC AUXILIARY and mail to Tom Brown 16 Little Mission Ct Pasadena. Md. 21122
    Tom aka Medicyaker.
    Last edited by medicyaker; 12-17-2013, 08:29 PM.
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Tom,

As you know, all you have to do is say the word and HOW MD will have people there to help. Please let me know how many volunteers you need and I will arrange to get them there. As for fliers, let us know when you have them ready and we will get them out accordingly. I will also put it up on the HOW MD Facebook (Heroes On The Water - Maryland Chapter ) page as an event so that people know about it. I think it strikes hard that you still have such a great drive to support not only the HOW MD program but the Pasadena Sport Fishing Groups Kids program as well. Standing by!

Keith
    Keith
    2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Thanks Keith, I knew I could count on you guys. In gonna try to give your guys a free table too. It ultimately not my call but I'm married to the one whose it is. I have ALWAYS said that the ONLY reason I do what I do for and with HOW MD is for my Troops. Its never been nor will it ever be about Tom Brown. Despite my resentment towards national chapter I still believe in what they are trying to do. As time vets nearer I would like a wish list of stuff u want for the chapter and the fire station/committee will get them and donate those items to your chapter. Last week you said u wanted to talk to me... I work till 730 tonight and 2-1030 Saturday
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

As soon as I am able to get the dates for Bass Pro weekend I will be posting again. At this point it may or may not conflict. We will see.

Harry

Comment

Tom, how do we reserve tables? I need three!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

r down for 3... talk with u soon about details
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

How do I arrange to get a table?
              Thanks
              Bignose

Comment

please send me a pm with your contact info. cell and/or email... prefer cell...
                thanks
                Tom Brown
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Hi Tom -

I would like to reserve a table again. If my brother has sufficient stuff, I may ask for a second one. But for now, I need just one.

John Veil
                  410-212-0950
                  john@veilenvironmental.com
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

thanks john. please send a check $10 per table made out to LSVFC AUXILIARY and mail to me Tom Brown 16 Little Mission Ft. Pasadena. Md 21122
                    Thanks buddy,
                    Tom

PS: I hope you will be selling those AWESOME Choc. Chip Cookies again... lola
                    Tom Brown
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

OK Folks here is the latest on the Flea Market. I am so excited that once again, we will again have Dennis from Backyard Boats (Hobie Dealer) at this years flea market. I just spoke with him and as in two years ago he will be bringing a TRAILER LOAD of Kayaks for sale. I know a couple guys here purchased a few Yaks from him the first year we had this event. Last year he was committed to the Baltimore Boat Show and that event was moved back to its original date this month. SO, If any of you want or need a new or used Kayak from Dennis at Backyard Boats, Please make plans to attend this year. Dennis will most likely be bringing some other cool stuff as well as Hobie Yaks.
                      We are about 1/4 of the way filled with several of the vendors returning from last year, Including several of our own. I suspect that our fearless hosts here on Snaggedline will be bringing some of the Snaggedline goodies for sale. I need a new Hoodie so I hope they have some left.
                      More to come so if you have any Fishing junk that you have accumulated over the years please call me or pm me here.
                      Thanks
                      Tom Brown
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Just a thought, in the interest of meeting fellow members, I was wondering if anyone had thought about name tags so we can pick out fellow Snagged Liners? I guess user names would probably be more advantageous than "real" names... Or, maybe the guys from the forum who will be selling could mark their tables? I'd much rather hand over my money to another member if I had the choice.
                        LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                        Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                          Just a thought, in the interest of meeting fellow members, I was wondering if anyone had thought about name tags so we can pick out fellow Snagged Liners? I guess user names would probably be more advantageous than "real" names... Or, maybe the guys from the forum who will be selling could mark their tables? I'd much rather hand over my money to another member if I had the choice.
                          I will definitely mark my table then haha Will have a bunch of Top Water Frogs, Mice, MAKBF Stickers and some other goodies.

Comment

All,
                            Just wanted to post here that we are signed up to attend this fishing flea market! We are excited to come over and meet some snagged liners. We will be bringing some demo kayaks to show off as well. As of now, we are bringing the new Jackson Big Rig, a Jackson Cuda 12, and a Native Mariner 12.5 propel. John Veil will have his new Native Slayer Propel there so we thought we would bring the Mariner to show. We will also bring some YakAttack goodies and a few other items as well..

Looking forward to it !
                            Brian with http://www.delawarepaddlesports.com

Comment

How late will everyone be there?

Comment

Working...
                              X