No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gents,
    Great board you have here. I have been lurking for a good bit, reading, studying and down right stealing good information. I would have to say that I am semi-new to kayak fishing and am looking to get more into the local fishing scene. I am primarily a surf fisherman, but I often travel pretty far for decent plugging. I fly fished a ton in the past, but look forward to getting back into it on the yak. I have a couple fishing yaks, but need to dunk them some more to get comfortable. I read in another thread at a meet and greet you had, you set up some tentative dates for possible group trips. I was wondering if they were open to others who did not make the meet and greet?

Oh wait; I am assuming new members are required to tell a joke....
    "got a new surf rod for my wife...
    Best trade I've ever made"

badabum
    Thanks
    summersoff
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

Welcome. There are always little fishing get togethers going on. When you see one comming together, just ask if you can join in. Alot of time, from the start, they will make it open to others. Find out where to meet and your in. Of course, let me warn you, some of these guys don't catch many fish. There is my little joke of the day.

Comment

Welcome!
      <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Welcome.
        Digital Livewell

Comment

Welcome aboard, all meet and greats are open to any one who want to come out and fish from there kayak, no rules, no expectation, just fun and fishing with people who enjoy the same hobby. And like dog fish said when you see people meeting for a trip just chime in and so you wwould like to go.
          Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
          LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

welcome to the board. Outside of the scheduled M&G's members regularly post where they plan to fish ahead of time and are open to meet other members there as well.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I too was primarily a surf fisherman before last year, though since I bought my kayak, I made 0 trips down to the OBX and only surf fished once last year at the Meet and Greet at Cape Henlopen. Welcome to the dark side!

Comment

Welcome...thanks for joining!
                Hobie Revolution 13
                Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Hey guy ........... anyone can come to the meet and greets most of the time ....... there usually on public property that is open to everyone ...... just join in ....... there's always new blood .......... no one's rejected unless they are like me and I got in early so I'm in for good ......

Anyway ........... glad you came out the closet .......... ........ I mean peeping ......... no ...... lurking ..... yeah .. thet's it Lurking ......

Comment

Summersoff,

Do you have a kayak yet? If not, don't let that stop you from planning on coming to a m&g. I have one you can borrow if needed.
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

welcome! dont be shy or the sharks will eat you

Comment

the kayak fishing empire is growing...growing well.

Welcome!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                          Summersoff,

Do you have a kayak yet? If not, don't let that stop you from planning on coming to a m&g. I have one you can borrow if needed.
                          Thanks for the offer, awfully nice. I have one. It is rigged for fishing, but to be honest, every other trip I have to reconfigure my fishfinder,,,because I can't figure how they work.
                          Thanks for the nice welcome fellas.Looking forward to attending one of the meet and greets.
                          Jay

10' Green Slayer
                          13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
                            Thanks for the offer, awfully nice. I have one. It is rigged for fishing, but to be honest, every other trip I have to reconfigure my fishfinder,,,because I can't figure how they work.
                            Thanks for the nice welcome fellas.Looking forward to attending one of the meet and greets.
                            Uhhhhhhh ......just remember ..... new guys buy the first 2 rounds ........

This is a drinking club with a Kayak problem .........

Comment

Working...
                            X