Joined the pedal pack!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the pedal pack!!!

Picked up an outback today! Gave it a test float on Friday. I was going to test a revolution, which they had advertised for sale, but I mentioned I was interested in an outback. The lady said oh, we have one of those, do you want to test it instead. I said I was only interested in what they had listed for sale. She said it wasn't listed, but didn't see why the owner would not sell it. They hardly rent it out, only to the heavy weights. Upthecreek rentals in Marlyand on mattawoman creek. They have a couple of used 09, I think, revolutions for sale too. Great people. So excited. It was short but thorough test. I pedaled, I paddled, I stood up, I shimmied around in it. Very impressed. Now I have to build my behind the seat crate....

image.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

nice congrats..hoping to pick up my outback in a few days as well.. let me know how you intend on rigging it.

Comment

Welcome to the Hobie family.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
        nice congrats..hoping to pick up my outback in a few days as well.. let me know how you intend on rigging it.
        Sure thing. I will add some pics. My fishn buddy FF will clamp on the cup holder side, so I'm good for a little bit with that. It isn't the greatest, but it gives me temp, depth and an occasional blob. Heading out to Lowes later to get some pvc to mount a trolling set up on my crate. The outbacks stock holders are nearly vertical which I'm sure would tangle fairly easy. Since I started fish from my yak this year I get antsy around mid week thinking of what I'm going to do on the weekend. Now I have the Hobie I'm sure that will be magnified now even if I'm not fishing I will be cruising around.
        Hobie Outback
        Stand Up Paddle Board
        Pelican 100

Comment

Congrats!

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

Welcome Hobie-one! May the force be with you
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Pedal on....
              http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
              484-459-9863
              If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
              *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                Welcome to the Hobie family.
                Welcome to the dark side.
                Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

What is the best gear to wear? Even on the test ride, it was around 60 and I was working up a lower body sweat. I have the waterproof frog togg over boots, but they are too cumbersome to pedal with...I have looked at some water/proof low clog type shoes made of neoprene. What type of pants are you seasoned guys using? I'm generally fine in cold weather as long as my upper body is warm. I'm one of those sweatshirt and shorts guys, but I imagine that would not be the best with the air coming upfromunda while pedaling...
                  Hobie Outback
                  Stand Up Paddle Board
                  Pelican 100

Comment

Working...
                  X