Big Rockfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Rockfish

When are the big Rockfish going to get here? Where is the best area for catching them between SPSP and PLO? This is the first fall fishing attempt for me. Can't wait to get out on the water this fall and winter. Any advice and suggestion will be appreciated.

eels @ the channel edge west of Old Plantation Light. They might show @ Kipto but they haven't the last 2 years.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

usually, i'm silently planning and plotting my moves during thanksgiving dinner. but for me, the fall migratory rockfish is more of a powerboat thing.

Comment

I plan on trying Kipto a few times over the next couple months. A few years back, I got my personal best right in front of Cape Henry lighthouse pretty close to shore. It was just shy of citation size, but that was from a powerboat and the only one we caught in 5 or 6 hours trolling. It should be possible on the oceanfront from a kayak if you really put in some time.

Comment

December 2012 in VA
          530556_10152409155650150_944453530_n.jpg
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
            eels @ the channel edge west of Old Plantation Light. They might show @ Kipto but they haven't the last 2 years.
            Thanks Pinch. When is the ideal time this year, in your expert opinion? If you had to go somewhere south of the Bay Bridges and north of PLO, where would you go?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
              December 2012 in VA
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9731[/ATTACH]
              That's one nice monster.

Comment

Calvert Cliffs. Fishing the rips from the plant.
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
                X