Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

@ Yak Fish

You might try to again to convince them again.. there are some pretty cheap room rates around town this time of year.
      I know the Fenwick Inn uptown has some cheap rates, and I am sure there are other places.

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
        @ Yak Fish

You might try to again to convince them again.. there are some pretty cheap room rates around town this time of year.
        I know the Fenwick Inn uptown has some cheap rates, and I am sure there are other places.
        Thanks! wow, you're not kidding. That is really cheap. I'll give it another try.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

That is true... That is why me and Harmat are going down on Thursday. I am taking a 1/2 day off of work. We plan on staying overnight . Thursday night the room rates are cheaper and they seem to go up $10 more on Friday -Sunday for the weekend rates. On Thurs night you can find rates as low as $49 for two. I looked at places near the boat within a 11 block radius. We have not booked our hotel yet since they seem to have plenty of availability. The Comfort Inn on 5th St, and the Talbot Inn next to the boat are around $50 for Thurs night. The Howard Johnson on 11th or 12th Street is around $50 or $60 the last time that I checked.

I just saw their latest report.....looks promising.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...0&e=515e1a8347

Maybe you can convince Chex to come down early and split a room with you

And Chex, any tangles that you get are your own fault since I am thinking of bringing my braided line too to test so I can blame myself....

Comment

If anyone is interested you better call and reserve your spot on the boat before they fill up!

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
              Maybe you can convince Chex to come down early and split a room with you
              Come to think of it... I could take Thursday off and kayak fish OC (the way it's really supposed to be done, ahem...), sleep there and boat fish on Friday. Yak Fish, if your buddies don't wanna go, and you just need to split the room, let me know. I'll see about taking Thursday off and split it with you. And don't worry, any rumors you may have heard about me are untrue: I do not sleep in tog pajamas. They're shark pajamas, and they are not as tight as people say!

Originally posted by moc View Post
              And Chex, any tangles that you get are your own fault since I am thinking of bringing my braided line too to test so I can blame myself....
              Great, I will blame your braided line then.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                Come to think of it... I could take Thursday off and kayak fish OC (the way it's really supposed to be done, ahem...), sleep there and boat fish on Friday. Yak Fish, if your buddies don't wanna go, and you just need to split the room, let me know. I'll see about taking Thursday off and split it with you. And don't worry, any rumors you may have heard about me are untrue: I do not sleep in tog pajamas. They're shark pajamas, and they are not as tight as people say!

Great, I will blame your braided line then.
                I just sent out another email to convince the guys so maybe I'm not out after all. If not, maybe we can wear our waders to bed Chex. ;-)

Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                  I just sent out another email to convince the guys so maybe I'm not out after all. If not, maybe we can wear our waders to bed Chex. ;-)
                  LOL! that would be the safest option, for sure.
                  Mike S.
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

So anyone else is going on this trip? It looks like the weather is holding up so far, 7 to 11mph winds. What about you yakFish?

Comment

No takers so I'm going to pass :-( I hope you catch a ton!

Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Wow,
                        I wish I knew about this sooner. I am flying to New England this weekend. Sounds like you guys are in for a real treat. Have fun and be safe.
                        photos Photos PHOTOS

Kitkat
                        2015 Outback
                        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Quick recap of our trip:

It was awesome. Moc, his brother in law Harry and I boarded the 80 foot Ocean Princess out of Ocean City inlet with 32 other guys. Many of them brought their own rods and rigs (as did I) and seemed to be veterans of such excursions (I am not). Everybody had big coolers to fill.

We rode 2.5 hours to a wreck 31 miles from the inlet. Water depth ranged from 90-120 feet. Clams were the bait of choice, provided by the boat, but we also used live green crabs, blue crab shrimp and squid that we brought. All caught fish.

With the captain's go-ahead, we all dropped our lines simultaneously. Even with 8oz sinkers, it takes a good 30 seconds to reach the bottom. Pretty much instantaneously, rods were bent over all over the boat. It was like that all day long. Drop line. Reach bottom. Set the hook. Reel the fish, often 2 or sometimes 3 at a time (if you had a tandem or triple rig) back up 120 feet, which gets tiring after 6 hours. My arms are sore today. We must have caught 70 black sea bass each. Moc and Harry got their 20-fish limits (12.5" minimum). I stopped at 14 and switched to jigging a butterfly jig to see if I could get anything. I did manage to get something that felt really heavy, but all it was was a small sea bass snagged in the side. A few people caught BIG bluefish. They would catch a sea bass, and on the way up, the blues would eat the bass and get hooked. I also caught 2 small strawberry bass. Someone caught a pollock.

Lots of fun. Highly recommended. It was almost impossible NOT to catch a fish. I even caught one on a bare hook, and several on an artificial teaser I had above my top-bottom rig.
                          Mike S.
                          Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds awesome. You certainly were spoiled for your first trip out. Glad you guys had such a good time. Wish it was always that lively out there.

Comment

Nice going! Glad you guys had a great trip. Cant wait to get out there...
                              <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Sounds like a sweet trip! Always a good time when your arms are sore from reeling in fish. Gotta love it

Comment

Working...
                                X