Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Nice job on the sea bass! I think they are absolutely tops on the table.

Now you ought to step it up a notch, and try the 17-hr deep drop. Better chance for bigger fish like tile. I can't wait for my 28th Dec trip out of Rudee.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        I can't wait for my 28th Dec trip out of Rudee.

hmmm...
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice! I want to see some pictures!
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I can't wait for my 28th Dec trip out of Rudee.
            How does one sign up?
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Now you ought to step it up a notch, and try the 17-hr deep drop. Better chance for bigger fish like tile. I can't wait for my 28th Dec trip out of Rudee.
              I'll be on that boat.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                Nice! I want to see some pictures!
                No pics. Too busy catching fish. At one point, as I looked down the boat at everybody's rod bent over, I joked to Moc "this would make a great picture but I've got a fish on the line"
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

I didn't go on this trip, but I did go out on the Angler on the same day one dock over from you guys.

It was an epic day. Most everyone had limits and jumbo Bluefish was a nice bonus.

My buddy, Barry, with the big Bluefish of the day....17.5 lbs.
                  IMG_4587.jpg

A limit of nice SeaBass...
                  IMG_4603.jpg

I plan to go again on Black Friday.....Nov 29. Better get some while the getting is good !!! Who wants to go ???
                  Young Apprentice

2015 Outback Papaya
                  WS Ride 115 Mango
                  WS Tarpon 100

Comment

That's a dang nice blue, and I like blues......smoked of course.

Moc is going to post info on the 17-hr 28 Dec trip soon, but you can sign up now. Call the number (and pay via cc; no refund) on the Rudee Angler site. I was #5 on the list. If you wait too long on these popular trips, you'll end up on the second boat or miss the date altogether.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Harry and I signed up for the 12 hour Wreck Fishing Trip out of Ocean City on the Ocean Princess with Captain Victor. I decided at the last minute to bring my braided lined rod to test out. Several days before the trip, I was checking the weather since the trips before ours on Friday were cancelled due to high winds. This would not be the case for our trip. The winds were predicted to be 4 to 11 mph. The daytime temperature would reach 61 degrees.

My brother in law, Harry, and I left my house on Thursday at 12:50pm to make it down to the day before the trip, so we could get some green crabs for bait. We talked to Captain Victor on Thursday as we ran into him preparing his boat. We met Mike Friday morning around 4:20am at the boat. We placed our coolers at the boat to hold our place in line. The ticket booth opened up at 5:00am and we boarded the boat at 5:30am. We were able to get a table for 4, so we were able to sit and sleep on the way out . The journey would last 2.5 hours. As soon as the captain said to drop our lines, within seconds after the 8 ounce weight hit the sea bottom, everyone had fish on! This would last until 1:50pm when the captain determined that most people had their limit and we would make our way back to Ocean City. Mike, Harry and myself were so busy fishing that we did not eat at all during the fun ordeal. In other words, buy 2 O'clock we finally, sat down and ate our food and had some drinks.

It was a fun trip and will prepare me for the 17 hour deep drop trip on the Rudee Angler on December 28th. The fish that I caught ranged from 12 inches to 20 inches. The average black sea bass were around 14 inches. We must have caught 400 fish between my brother-in-law, Harry, and myself, not counting what Mike (Chexone) caught. We were catching 10 through backs for every keeper. Many times we would get double headers with a two hook rig. 6 or so giant 30 to 36 inch blue fish were caught inadvertently while reeling up small sea bass from the depths. The bluefish decided to make a meal out of the small black sea bass. We had squid, shrimp, live green crabs, clams (supplied by the boat), and blue crabs that Mike brought.

On the trip back, we had the two first mates clean the fish. They fillet them at $1 per fish. I had 15 filleted and I took home 5 whole, four of which I gave to a good friend. While gutting the whole black sea bass, I found a crab apron and a sand flea in its stomach. Now we are certain on what they eat.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but the fishing was furious and our hands were covered in fish slime. Too messy to handle the cameras.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Awesome guys ! Many cheers on a great trip... super glad the weather was good for you all

Comment

Working...
                        X