No announcement yet.

more nets found off KI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as the judges in that area. Just hope they don't run things like the NC legislators did with the NC trawler season. Apparently there was a trawler/fish house owner voting on the board that decided to reopen the season despite the media coverage.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...o-resume-again

And lets not forget the fine relationship Omega has with VA legislation.

Comment

I saw these in a Latino market next to a 711 off Glebe in Alexandria. They are are practically perch size... How can they sell these?!!!

Used to fish more.

Comment

Those are tiny. Could be farm raised i don't know? Maybe the DNR needs to make a visit there.

I thought all Stripped bass sold had to have a tag?

Comment

Thats pathetic, such small fish. If you have a question, call the poacher hotline: 1-800-635-6124. They will be able to answer the question about tags and farm raised. Some of the striper heads are about the same size as the perch heads, to the right.

Comment

I got the opportunity to speak with Candus Thompson from the Baltimore Sun yesterday. She is the sports/outdoor reporter (and one seriously devoted fisherwomen) that has been covering the gill netting for the paper. Apparently most of these illegal fish are going to market in the New York area where rockfish fetches almost double what it does here per pound. She also said that there are only about 14 natural resources policeman on the entire eastern shore. The fish that are recovered from the nets dnr is finding are generally in terrible shape and only a fraction of it is able to be resold or sent to shelters. Hopefully the efforts of the sun paper and other local media outlets have actually done some good and the dnr keeps the net season closed for the rest of the year.
            Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

i was reading through the conservation forum on TF and some comm. guys actually think it was a group of recs. setting the nets to put the poor comms. out of a living. what a joke! these guys will try anything to turn this on the recreational fisherman what morons.

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                i was reading through the conservation forum on TF and some comm. guys actually think it was a group of recs. setting the nets to put the poor comms. out of a living. what a joke! these guys will try anything to turn this on the recreational fisherman what morons.
                That disingenuous at best! But, more likely just dumb. What reasonable person is gonna buy that?!?!

Comment

I read that also. Those commercial guys on tidal fish are way out there. Sometimes I think they just write things to stir up the recreational guys. When I detect that, I write things to get them going. Only to be sucessful, you can't be obvious. I can't stand it when the commercial guys try to seriously rationalize why people poach, such as to feed their families. They make it out to be so mid-evil or primitive.

Comment

Working...
                  X