Key bridge trolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key bridge trolling

Hey guess I posted earlier about rockfish lures for trolling at the key bridge in Baltimore. I'm headed out this weekend if it's a calm day and im looking for some insight. I've never kayaked at the bridge I've primarily kayaked smaller bodies of water. At the key bridge how is the boat traffic? Will I be in the way of large boats and potentially be a super risk? Also to double check I don't need and stickers or type of license (besides fishing) to kayak to key bridge and fish?

Its a major shipping channel....

Comment

Originally posted by imagine29028 View Post
      Its a major shipping channel....
      Is it too hard to fish there. Or is there enough time in between ships to get some good fishin in? I'd imagine I could see any and all boats far in advance to get a safe distance or position

Comment

You might want to go with some others until you get some open water experience ............. The bridge is the shipping channel for the harbor and the winds and tides can kick up pretty good .......... Also ...... Most people recommend a yak at least 12 ft for the big water .......... That said ...... It is doable on calm days if you know what to look for and how the tides react to the winds

Comment

there is also a hot water discharge nearby
          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

that place gets reallly dicey around the bridge. esp if your by your self. NO less then a 12ft stable yak.. winds blow right down the channel
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
            X