Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First meet and greet, I really enjoyed it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First meet and greet, I really enjoyed it!

Everyone,

I got to fish at my first meet and greet yesterday. I want to let all who know that even though I went home with the yellow skunk flag flying I had a great time. Owing to the failing health of my 93 year old mother I did not get to join you folks for lunch like I desired but the need to get back to PA led me to the decision to forgo that fellowship.

Once again, I had a great time, enjoyed a really beautiful day on the Potomac/Chesapeake. I look forward to seeing you all at a future event.

Leon, aka Tall Timber's Kayaker

Likewise, twas good meeting you, Leon.

Comment

@Tall_Timbers_Kayaker
      It's great you got to get out on the water... best wishes to your family. It can be tough. I recently spent 9 years
      taking care of my Alzheimers father... of which the last seven years I didn't have a day off, let alone a couple
      of hours, a sunset, sunrise, or salt across the bow.
      You'll catch "lunch" next time ! And fish ! Hang in there.

Comment

My first too. Met kevinfry, Jambone, whenican, Eric, and a few others (sorry folks, I'm terrible with names). Big thanks to kevinfry for setting the whole thing up.

I got skunked too, but the conditions were perfect for getting to know my new rig. Tried again on Monday out at Marshall Hall. Got a couple hundred yards from shore when the wind convinced me it would be a good idea to go back.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I also had a great time meeting folks and learning how to fish my new Pro Angler. Even though I didn't hook into any fish, I learned a lot about my boat and how to better set up my rig. I fished in St. Jerome Creek on Sunday and Monday a did much better. Last night the fishing at the head of the Creek was fantastic. I hope I can catch up with you all again sometime. If you're ever down my way again and want to fish St. Jerome Creek, give me a heads up and I'm there.
          Live for today, and fish often...
          2014 Pro Angler 14
          St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Working...
          X