Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank You Service Men and Women! Thanked God for you today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Service Men and Women! Thanked God for you today!

Hey, for all of you on the forum who are serving or have served in the armed forces and coast guard, please accept my sincere gratitude and thanks. I prayed a prayer of gratitude this morning and prayed for protection for those of you who continue to serve or who, as reserves, could be called upon at any moment. As the son of a Air Force vet, I am very proud of my father's service
    I wanted to especially recognize Kitkatyakker who is a female vet of the Vietnam War. I left off the service of our brave women vets last year and I apologize for that. I was reminded of her service when a trip to the Lincoln Memorial brought me past the women's Vietnam Memorial. I made sure my daughters spent some time contemplating the role of women in our nations history and being thankful (in pic, my daughters, Xela and Hannah, are in the background).
    Veterans day belongs in the month of Thanksgiving.

14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Well said Kevin! Thank you to all the men and women who had served, and is serving now.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I just finished watching a 12 hour long marathon of "Victory at Sea" on PBS today. Started at 7:00am and finished at 6:30pm. Had to be the entire series documenting the entirety of WWII from start to finish. I caught the last 6 hours. There was a lot of footage that I haven't seen since I was a kid when it was a weekly scheduled half-hour show on TV. This series should be a must see for everyone, especially the young.

11th Armored Calvary
      Blackhorse Regiment
      Vietnam 1970-1971
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

just as a follow up, since how we treat our country's veterans has been, is and will be an ongoing issue - I see reported in the news today that congress's federal budget deal reduces the cost-of-living increases for military retirees.

fwiw - i'm not a military retiree.

the old saying about a tree falling in the woods,... whether or not everyone hears it, the tree does hit the ground.

i don't want to preach or suggest how anyone should think about the news, but they should at least be conscious of it.
        Last edited by Southerly; 12-16-2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the recognition

Kevin,

Thank you for the warm words of recognition and inclusion. I too want to extend my thanks to all who serve and who have served. I not only considered it my duty but an honor as well. Like many veterans who have served, I don't like to spend a lot of time speaking about it, but a nod here and there is surely welcomed.

Thanks again; and tight lines!!

Kitkatyaker
          2015 Outback
          2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Working...
          X