Launch at Popes Creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch at Popes Creek?

Some of the good spots near the 301 bridge are upstream near Popes Creek. Has anyone ever tried to launch at Popes Creek?
    I know I could launch from Aqua Land, but that's 2 miles downstream. It would save me some time if I could launch at Popes Creek.

popesck.jpg
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Where you placed your arrow is above a very low bridge. Not sure you could get under it even on low tide. The little stretch of beach on the river left of the creek is a possibility, but you'd have to move your car to one of the restaurant lots. Shouldn't be a problem at Gilligan's on a weekday, but spots are hard to come by on weekends. Robertson's, the restaurant on top has been closed for a while, but don't remember any easy access there.

Comment

Ha ha. The low bridge could be a problem.
      The rest looks all private. Probably should do a drive by first.
      Thanks
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

The lot where your arrow is is overflow parking for Gilligans. There is some roadside space along the shore if it hasn't eroded away. Seems the last time I went through there someone was pulled off and shore fishing beside the road.
        I've been tempted to call the Jesuits at Loyola to ask about using their little beach. That was always a good shallow water spot from the boat.

Comment

Working...
        X