Harry Nice Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Nice Bridge

I want to head out to the harry nice with a couple of buddies tomorrow, but none of us have fished the area before.. Can you guys please help out with any tips as to where to launch, spots to try, lure and bait tips, etc.. Planning on heading out basically at dawn.. This is my first trip out in the PA, so I'm pretty excited about it. Hopefully I can slime this thing up!

Tagging along is welcome and encouraged! Also, any reports out of the area recently?

Thanks Guys
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

You can launch on the Md side at aqualand Marina for a cost of 10.00. You have access to deep water/drop offs right off the shore. You also have access to fish the power plant water discharge.There is a entrance to a creek .8 of a mile south of the launch. On the Va side there is an entrance to the beach at the base of the bridge. Its a easy launch, its shallow until pylon 58 but the fish can be there. With the water temps low I would fish baits that can be trolled slow like worms or eels/trailers that impart action at slow trolls. Bring some cut bait, clams to be drifted along the bottom. Good Luck.

Comment

thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. I tried to call the marina but is it true that you can't get through the gate until 8 a.m.
      2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by OVERBOARD View Post
        thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. I tried to call the marina but is it true that you can't get through the gate until 8 a.m.
        That's probably true. They are under new management I think. because I remember this time of year I used to be able to have access to the place at anytime. You can pay at the drop box at the marina store on the property by the boat ramp. I don't know how long you have to fish but that time might work in your favor because of the temps. I'm still thinking about coming out. I might try solomons.

Comment

I wanted to try launching from the VA side. Cheaper to cross the bridge than pay at Aqualand. I already promised to help a buddy deliver a boat to PA in the morning or I'd be there with you. Good luck.
          Hobie Outback
          Stand Up Paddle Board
          Pelican 100

Comment

Next time clm... We may launch on the va side beach and fish our way across.. I'm still waiting on a definite answer from my buddies. I may be looking for somewhere else to go if i don't hear anything soon.
            2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

If you're heading down from the MD side I'd give a quick check at Aqualand. If the crabbers are still working they open the gate at 4:30 - 5 and leave it open. If you only want to fish the bridge then go on across. Its true that it's shallow on that side, but you might find fish anywhere from # 16.

Comment

Is it tough to cross and still fish the power plant side?
                2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

It looks like I may be going down to the Rappahannock now.... My buddies were fishing there today and are talking like there is quite a bit of striper action.. It's twice the drive for me but it sounds like it may be hard to talk them into coming up without having a solid fishing report. Either way I'm taking this thing out somewhere.
                  2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Depends on the weather and how big your doo-dads are. River is 2.4 miles across and it can get ugly real fast. The waves here are different than the bay bridge, taller and closer together. I haven't heard of anything happening in the discharge yet, not sure it would be worth the crossing.

Comment

good to know.. thanks. I think I may have been under-estimating the water there. Maybe a trip to the Rapp would be a better first time run anyway.
                      2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I fished hard on Monday and we hit from Goose Bay to 30 trolling and casting with no love
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Often the wind is charging preventing me from going out too far in the river from the VA side...and Aqualand closes too early(when I'm thinking about launching from MD side. When I dont have my yak the birds & the fish are out of my casting range... The good thing was cheaper gas on VA side(20cents/gal) a few weeks ago. Lately, MD gas prices have dropped. I assume so has VA gas prices too?

Comment

Working...
                          X