Rockfish patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rockfish patterns?

Hey guys. At what times of year is the best rockfishing? Is it typically October-November here in MD?

There are a lot of variables in your question. Every season has good rock fishing if you know where to look. Spring the flats are productive you generally see a more consistent bite on the Eastern shore side of the bay migratory striper are on their way into the bay to spawn before heading north. Summer rolls in and the bass hold tight to structure and are more readily available. Fall the bass start to feed more proactively as they fatten up for winter. Some bass leave the bay but the majority just go deeper. Winter Migratory bass show up and can be caught if you put in your time. The big cows are stopping in the bay to feed before heading to NC, schoolie bass head deeper and become more lethargic. The techniques for catching bass also change as the seasons change. If I had to pick my favorite time of year it would be the middle of June until the middle of July fishing at the bay bridge. Bass fishing in the bay relies on 3 key things. 1 Current, 2 location, 3 presentation.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      There are a lot of variables in your question. Every season has good rock fishing if you know where to look. Spring the flats are productive you generally see a more consistent bite on the Eastern shore side of the bay migratory striper are on their way into the bay to spawn before heading north. Summer rolls in and the bass hold tight to structure and are more readily available. Fall the bass start to feed more proactively as they fatten up for winter. Some bass leave the bay but the majority just go deeper. Winter Migratory bass show up and can be caught if you put in your time. The big cows are stopping in the bay to feed before heading to NC, schoolie bass head deeper and become more lethargic. The techniques for catching bass also change as the seasons change. If I had to pick my favorite time of year it would be the middle of June until the middle of July fishing at the bay bridge. Bass fishing in the bay relies on 3 key things. 1 Current, 2 location, 3 presentation.
      Thanks pinch. Let's say I hit the bay bridge mid June through July what's typically most effective? Spoons, jigs, live lining etc?

Comment

Live spot worked very well this year.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Working...
        X