Alot of Fish Off of Pt Lookout MD now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alot of Fish Off of Pt Lookout MD now

Been guiding in the PLO area everyday that I can get out. Everyday over 100 fish released. Last day out two guys jigging metal spoons exclusively. They released over 100 fish and half of them were keeping size or better with many in the 24"-30" range. Biggest was 34". Birds, birds, and larger seabirds galore.

For reasons which I don't understand, I have had nobody that's kayaking, book and use my mother-ship service .It was designed especially to take yaks far out to fish in deep water and put them on fish, while keeping the guide-boat nearby (1/4 mi.)

As a consequence, I filled those slots in my schedule with other anglers. Right now I am booking the first week of Dec. I think we are going to have fish in the PLO area thru Christmas but that is a guess at best.

If you are yaking in the PLO area, and struggling to find fish, I will take your call except on Sundays. I'm out there everyday that the weather will permit.

Capt Brady Bounds (301)904-0471 cell

Sounds like something i would like to do
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

me too D3NAL1!! That might be my Christmas gift to myself this year. Anyone else interested??
      2015 Outback
      2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

How many people wpould you need to fill the boat?
        2015 Outback
        2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Capt, this is James Cotugno, can you handle loading up some of the larger and heavier kayaks like the Pro Angler 14? I know that you took some of the guys from BluHaven out and I saw some of the pictures of the boats loaded up. I'm interested and willing to make a run out there with you if you think you can load up my 14' Pro Angler. I just thought it would be a logistically nightmare to pull the heavier and longer boats up onto a mothership unless the rigging was set up to do so.
          Live for today, and fish often...
          2014 Pro Angler 14
          St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Capt,
            What is the cost per kayak? Where and what time do you usually leave? I am planning to go out this Saturday.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hobieadventure View Post
              Capt,
              What is the cost per kayak? Where and what time do you usually leave? I am planning to go out this Saturday.
              Thanks.
              The mother-ship trip is a max of three yaks. And yes, I can haul Pro-Angler 14s. The guide-boat that I'm using now is a 21' Sou'wester made by Parker. We launch and recover yaks right off the side of the guide-boat.

One of the benefits of a mother-ship close by is that you do not have to haul as much gear in your yak when you deploy. Just leave it in the guide-boat.

Mother-ship rates : well I didn't want to publish them on the net, because I'm sorta against using this forum for baldfaced advertising. I ran a promotional price on this last year at a flat rate of $350 per day. I can do that again, so the number of yaks (up to three) divided into the daily rate.

Keep in mind that the water temperature is currently about 52 degs F.

I have been running out of Buzzs Marina, departing at 0700 and returning before sunset. Check out www.buzzsmarina.com for directions.
              Last edited by Capt Brady Bounds; 11-18-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Guys ........ If you want big fish with tons of birds flying ........ This is the way to go ........... Brady will put you em when others can't and he's got the boat that's good for takin yaks

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Brady Bounds View Post
                  The mother-ship trip is a max of three yaks. And yes, I can haul Pro-Angler 14s. The guide-boat that I'm using now is a 21' Sou'wester made by Parker. We launch and recover yaks right off the side of the guide-boat.

One of the benefits of a mother-ship close by is that you do not have to haul as much gear in you yak when you deploy. Just leave it in the guide-boat.

Mother-ship rates : well I didn't want to publish them on the net, because I'm sorta against using this forum for baldfaced advertising. I ran a promotional price on this last year at a flat rate of $350 per day. I can do that again, so the number of yaks (up to three) divided into the daily rate.

Keep in mind that the water temperature is currently about 52 degs F.

I have been running out of Buzzs Marina, departing at 0700 and returning before sunset. Check out www.buzzsmarina.com for directions.
                  Thanks for getting back so quickly. I doubt I will be able to swing that fee this close to the holidays but you may have a taker here for striper season next year. I will definitely stay in touch.
                  Happy holidays to you and yours.
                  Kitkat (Kaye)
                  2015 Outback
                  2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Thank you for your interest. tried to call Kitkatkat 3x but line was busy.

Comment

Originally posted by kitkatyaker View Post
                      Thanks for getting back so quickly. I doubt I will be able to swing that fee this close to the holidays but you may have a taker here for striper season next year. I will definitely stay in touch.
                      Happy holidays to you and yours.
                      Kitkat (Kaye)
                      X2
                      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
                      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
                      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
                      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

If there are two other yakers willing to go this Saturday then I am in. I can't do that price by myself. Anyone going?

Comment

Dang, too bad it is a four hour trip from my home to the marina!!!
                          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
                          484-459-9863
                          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Yaks,

Nobody to my knowledge has made a reservation with me and just to be clear, so there's no misunderstanding, I am presently booked with non-yaking anglers until next week, with only a few days still open in the Dec 3-7 time period. Mothership trips are not walk-on trips; they are reserved trips, with a $100 deposit required.

Now, if I have misunderstood the previous discourse of this thread, I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                            X