Video from trip with Shawn Kimbro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video from trip with Shawn Kimbro

Shawn isn't a kayaker like us, but he's got a lot to teach us! Check out this video preview of a trip I took on his boat last weekend. The link lets you see about 3 out of 28 minutes of the video.
    <iframe src="https://embed.pivotshare.com/?media_id=5320" frameBorder="0" width="704" height="396" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Wilderness Systems Pro Staff since 2002.

Jeff ..... That doesn't look like a link I've ever seen

Comment

It will work if you copy and paste it. I think that Pivotshare is working out the bugs in their embed codes. I wish it worked like YouTube. But YouTube doesn't allow rentals and subscriptions.

Comment

I rented the full video. It was great. I really need to learn to jig better and from watching it, I can see the method. I can't believe how quick the snap is. I feel like it would take forever to come back down, but you talked about that at the end. I also learned quite a bit about migratory fish. I love getting excited about learning more about the sport and the fish. Sometimes it only takes that one more piece of info and you can connect other experiences, making yourself a better fisherman. Thanks Jeff.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

What qualities do you look for in a jigging rod? What where you guys using?

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

I'll have Shawn address that question today, but you can get his book Chesapeake Light Tackle and get that answered sooner. We may be producing a DVD together.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Little View Post
              I'll have Shawn address that question today, but you can get his book Chesapeake Light Tackle and get that answered sooner. We may be producing a DVD together.
              I've actually owned the book for some time now....truth be told it's in my bathroom right now, eh, where I keep some of my reading material :-) Good point, I should look in there.

Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                What qualities do you look for in a jigging rod? What where you guys using?
                Usually it's 6'6" - 7' mh to h, fast action, ........ Blanks are usually 844, 845, 784, 785 series ........

Comment

Shawn uses a Powell 682 Med. Xfast baitcaster. I don't believe they make this model anymore.

Ernie

Comment

Working...
                  X