Should be some really low water in Severn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should be some really low water in Severn

When I drove across the Severn River Bridge this morning about 10:00 am, it was supposed to be high tide time. However, the wind was whipping from the NW -- exactly down the river. There were whitecaps all over the place, and a lot of shoreline was exposed already. The wind is supposed to be strong all afternoon. With the tide falling plus the wind pushing water out, there should be very low water in much of the Severn for most of the next day. Anyone so inclined could make a scouting trip to learn shoreline and bottom structure with the water level way down. If you do head out in the wind, be careful.

I do not plan to get on the water today, but may head out tomorrow morning in search of pickerel if the wind is not so strong.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I drove over the Rt. 50 bridge @ 4:30 pm today, and I'd never seen the river so low. I saw sand bars I never knew existed, pretty amazing.

The good news; the next high tide, the water will be gin clear. The bad news; no damn fish in the water (except for the pickeral I suppose).

Comment

The NOAA water level graphs for Annapolis do indeed show an exceptionally low tide right now. See if I can add this link so you all can see it.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/por...de=threedayswl
      Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

I drove over the key bridge today and took a look at the patapsco. Wow, it looked like waves at the ocean! I wish I could have stayed and watched because I could see different patterns in the water as I drove over. I thought it'd give clues as to what's down there.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I drove over Hanover Street Bridge yesterday after the Ravens' game.

I looked quickly in front of Harbor Hospital and the ramp and I think I saw a submerged wall of some kind poking out of the water several yards from shore. I did not know that structure was there when I fished the area.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
          X