Beverly Triton Beach Park-- Friday 11/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton Beach Park-- Friday 11/29

The weather is looking great on Friday. I will be fishing (possibly with Nitefly) the South River / Thomas Point area for stripers launching out of Beverly Triton Beach. We both limited here last week and looking to do the same. Will be trolling the channel edges and keeping lookout for birds or slicks. All are welcome, park opens at 7AM.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

That sounds like a better idea than going after catfish at Marshall Hall.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

interesting... I can locate Thomas point on google. where is the park? I would like to head out but I guess ultimately it depends on how long the family hangs out Thursday night.
      2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

The park is right off the bend of Triton Beach Rd and Carvel Lane. You can see a grass field, a dirt road, and a lonely house...that's the park. Once the gate opens, you can drive down to the water and unload your kayak, get set up, and then park at the gate near the entrance (inside the gate or outside). Also, you will see a large number of spaced jetties at the waterfront if you are still having a hard time finding the launch. Most of my success is only a few hundred yards straight out from the beach.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

I have the tentative approval from the domestic chief.
          2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
          Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Looks like a good spot. Might have to work Friday, but I will probably try it some time this weekend.

Comment

I will try to get out there on Friday. Looks like low tide is at around 7am and high is 1:30 at Thomas Point. As long as the wind holds off I'll probably see you there.
              BRETT
              Red/Yellow COBRA Navigator

Comment

OK, my arm has been fully twisted. I'll be there.
                I'll be the one in the bright yellow Torque.

Comment

Is it possible to use a trailer to launch? I am physically not able to do a beach launch any longer. I do have all-wheel drive so if the sand is hard, I may be able to drive on it. Also, how far is it from the parking area to the beach? My other disability is the inability to walk any great distance. If I knew I was going to grow to be this old, I would have taken better care of myself.

Comment

Is the Bush finished?

Comment

From the satellite image, it looks like an easy drag across the sand and not too bad of a walk to the parking area by the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
                        Is it possible to use a trailer to launch? I am physically not able to do a beach launch any longer. I do have all-wheel drive so if the sand is hard, I may be able to drive on it. Also, how far is it from the parking area to the beach? My other disability is the inability to walk any great distance. If I knew I was going to grow to be this old, I would have taken better care of myself.
                        Russ check out this image. The red A is Triton Beach. There are boat ramps by the orange arrows, but I don't know much more. You'd have to call and ask if you can use their ramps. One is Turkey Point Marina... another is South River Marina.

RampsNearTriton.jpg

Comment

I would be happy to help with getting you launched if we had to cart it a ways.
                          2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                            Is the Bush finished?
                            The RR bridge is still happening, I got a picture from a friend of my getting a 28" striper there last week. The place is like chocolate milk after a good rain though...plus once their are a few boats, trolling becomes difficult. It's like waiting in line at an amusement park for your favorite ride. Just have a feeling while the ladies are enjoying black friday...the men will be out fishing, making things crowded. I plan on hitting the bridge at least once before the season closes.
                            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Hey Russ...I think the site is still manageable with a trailer. The best thing to do is PM "Lisa", she is the member that got us access to the launch. At the beach, there is a small parking area to unload. It can only hold two cars at a time, not sure if you will be able to turn the trailer around. Might be easier to back down to the launch site...that lonely house is the park rangers, so I am sure he is conscious of tire ruts if you happen to lead of the path. It's about 150 yards from the front parking lot to the beach that you will have to walk once you have the kayak off the trailer and your vehicle park. Surely some members will be there to assist you, guess it's just a personal choice if you feel comfortable to launch there.
                              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
                              X