Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a forum on the web specifically for electric kayaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a forum on the web specifically for electric kayaks?

I have done numerous searches for information relating to adding a motor to a kayak and it would be much easier if there is a forum or forums dedicated to the subject.

Anyone know of one?
    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Sorry, no. But a bunch of guys on snaggedline have motors. Can't hurt to post here.

Are you adding the motor to your trident?
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Of all the forums I have visited this one does seem to have more anglers with experience with adding a trolling motor to their kayak. As another resource "BassYaks" does have a facebook page where you could post a question.

their facebook page:
      https://www.facebook.com/bassyaks

and their website:
      http://bassyaks.com/
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Ya just gotta love it !

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          Sorry, no. But a bunch of guys on snaggedline have motors. Can't hurt to post here.

Are you adding the motor to your trident?
          I am adding a motor to the Trident. I am forced to because of arthritis but I didn't want to broke so I went with a Island Hoppers mount and a Minn Kota Endura Max 40 motor. I have a rudder on the Trident so I will have a better turning radius than the guys that don't have one.
          John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

[QUOTE=rob-kayak;73859]Ya just gotta love it !

LOL. I was going to comment that this is great American inginuity. After thinking about it, I figure that these days, he is probably Chinese.
            John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Thanks Turtle. I think I have read most of the posts from Steve K, the owner of Bassyaks. He usually turns every conversation into an ad for Bassyaks. He probably would make a good polititian. LOL

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
              Of all the forums I have visited this one does seem to have more anglers with experience with adding a trolling motor to their kayak. As another resource "BassYaks" does have a facebook page where you could post a question.

their facebook page:
              https://www.facebook.com/bassyaks

and their website:
              http://bassyaks.com/
              Last edited by john from md; 11-29-2013, 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling
              John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Yeah ....... Steve has a habit of posting on different forums as a user praising his product and downing other products. He has a good product but it is one of the first and not really updated as far as I can see. Personally I like the Torqeedo or island hoppers .......... Plenty of people here to help with both dyi and store bought

Comment

Pm kitkatyaker...she had someone help with her's and it seems to work g reat
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Yeah ...... That was Russ ....... I helped a little too I think ...... That was on a Torqeedo

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have read most of the stuff in snaggedline and it has been helpful. I was just trying to find another place to search. I think I will just throw out some questions in the rigging forum.
                      John

Vibe Skipjack 90

Comment

Chad at HOOK1 has a 20% black friday sale, and that includes Torqeedo. They are never discounted so that is a great deal.

Comment

I have done a lot of research on mounting a motor to a yak. Never found one definitive source, but plenty of you tube videos, bassyaks, and info on texans fisherman. I am in the process of rigging my jackson cuda with a trolling motor. I just finished fabricating the motor mount and the control box before the cold weather hit. I think I will start a thread in rigging to show my progress. I have all of the components now, the last one came today, waterproof thru hull cable glands.
                          Jackson Cuda Black Widow

Comment

Working...
                          X