Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here use a Kokatat "Super Nova T3" Angler Dry Suit when cold water fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here use a Kokatat "Super Nova T3" Angler Dry Suit when cold water fishing?

Thinking about getting one or something like it.
    http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
    484-459-9863
    If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
    *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

I found the previous discontinued model for a steal and picked it up. I love it, you still need to layer up but I've been bone dry after a day in the yak with waves crashing on me

Comment

Doc.

I have one, and really like it. I have worn the suit maybe 10 times, very good freedom of movement and perfectly dry (although I haven't taken it swimming). Make sure you buy it big enough to put warm clothing under as it in itself is not that warm, it does, however, block the wind nicely. The neck gasket is not Latex so it is quite comfortable - the down side is that it is not guaranteed 100% water tight. The sleeves are latex and are quite snug, I put baby powder on the inside of them to aid in getting them on /off - and I smell good too. The reviews I read said that unless you dive underwater a few feet the neck will not leak. One guy said he got about a tea cup of water inside after a lengthly test. The only thing I may reconsider is that I might have gone for a two piece arrangement (dry pants and integrated top) on those nice spring days when the water is cold but the air is quite warm it would be nice to be able to lose the top. Then again being out there with not top is maybe not so safe! I've been out with shorts and a tee shirt under the suit and been quite comfortable on a warm day. It is so nice to be dry. I did extensive research and Kokatat is without a doubt the brand to get, no matter what configuration you buy. Their quality and design are the best, and I don't know about you - but when it comes to personal protective equipment I'm not going to chintz. After I flipped my kayak my wife made me get the suit - I didn't really fight it too much, as much as it pains me to admit . . . she was right, but I'll never tell her!

T.
      Terry Hill

<*)))><{ <*)))><{

<*)))><{

<*)))><{

Santa Cruz RAPTOR

Comment

I bought one and have used it about 5 times. It's really warm and comfortable. I also like the reinforced extra material on the legs, lap and seat. Definitely worth the money. You can find them for less than $500.00
        2013 WS Ride 135
        2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

I bought mine last fall for around $480 from Clavey Paddlesports, I think they are only a few miles from the Kodakat factory. I have worn mine in the rain on mild days ( water temp. High 50's or less), and it breathes very nicely. Layer up on the cold blowing days, and your are good to good. I could not be happier.

Comment

A few years ago I went to Annapolis Canoe and Kayak to try on a dry top I was interested in. The neck and arms were latex, and being a sale unit the neck opening latex cone had not been trimmed. I had my wife the sadist with me for moral support. By the time I had my fat head half way in my forehead was already turning red. This is where I started to worry. I kept struggling and finally got it down around my neck. I felt like my head would surely explode, and my moral support (the sadist) was laughing her @$$ off. She even had the clerk chuckling beside her. This thing was so tight that it was almost impossible to get my fingers under the edge to try and get it off. The sadist was almost rolling on the floor as the clerk and I tried to stretch the latex enough to get it over my chin to help in the escape.

Once I was free and able to breathe again the clerk got between me and my darling wife, and told me about the T3 angler suit. I needed a XXL, but their try on suit was a L. The neoprene collar was the same on both, so I shoved my head through with little problem. They ordered a trial suit in XXL and called me when it arrived. It's easier to put on than to take off, probably because my old shoulders have limited motion. It was expensive, but worth the price to extend the season. The suit is very roomy and comfortable once I'm in it. You'll need some kind of water shoes to wear over it to save the booties. The suit has the included relief zipper. If you're anything like me you better start the relief process before you think you're going to need it. Remember, the more layers of fleece and clothing you're wearing, the more difficult it becomes to line up all of the pass-thru's (and none of them line up with the relief zipper).

Sorry, back to the original question.... Yes, I have one, and I like it very much.

Comment

Ditto on the water shoes. I found that two sizes larger on some water sandals was the right fit. They had Velcro straps that allowed me to adjust for the different layers of socks through out the season.

Comment

Well Capt Hawk sounds like we married into the same family.... I have been unable to locate a local store to try one on. I checked the kokatat site for retail stores in my area and all those listed as carrying it do not carry them.... At 6 foot 3 inches and 235 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal I think I might need the xxl but I really would prefer trying one on first.
                484-459-9863
                If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
                *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by docirv View Post
                  Well Capt Hawk sounds like we married into the same family.... I have been unable to locate a local store to try one on. I checked the kokatat site for retail stores in my area and all those listed as carrying it do not carry them.... At 6 foot 3 inches and 235 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal I think I might need the xxl but I really would prefer trying one on first.
                  Kodakat will make them custom for you if your physiology is not comfortable in one of the standard sized suits.

Comment

Does anyone make a model for the rotund Fisherman? We can't all be as svelte as DocIrv after all. If I buy one to fit my girth, I would have to be 7' tall.

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
                      Does anyone make a model for the rotund Fisherman? We can't all be as svelte as DocIrv after all. If I buy one to fit my girth, I would have to be 7' tall.
                      Hey Russ, here is their link for custom suits

http://kokatat.com/products/custom.html

Comment

Originally posted by russ498 View Post
                        Russ you are way over due for your eye exam
                        484-459-9863

Comment

Just had this ad delivered by googs

http://www.outdoorplay.com/Kokatat-M...Kayak-Dry-Suit

It's the closest I've seen to the T# fishing suit, and the price isn't bad. They're offering 15% and free shipping as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                            Just had this ad delivered by googs

http://www.outdoorplay.com/Kokatat-M...Kayak-Dry-Suit

It's the closest I've seen to the T# fishing suit, and the price isn't bad. They're offering 15% and free shipping as well.
                            Looks like some sort of Star Trek uniform. Good thing it doesn't come in red.
                            2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                            Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                              Looks like some sort of Star Trek uniform. Good thing it doesn't come in red.
                              ......... In that case, DON'T sell him one cause he'll ask everyone to beam him up

Comment

Working...
                              X