Bucktail tying update and fishing report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucktail tying update and fishing report

ive gotten alot better at tying bucktails i think. I have been tying most out of old jigheads or stripping down and redoing old bucktails. I like doing it alot and it is fairly easy. also i have started tying teasers and flys and dressed trebles and i hope to make some for the winter fishing flea markets. Ive made about 40 ish so far and these are just a few. With more practice i hope to get them good enough to sell . also i have been still making wooden lures on my lathe however i dont have an airbrush yet so they dont look to god paint job wise but i hope to get an airbrush soon .

the pickeral bite is really good as well. find a spot on the magothy or severn and you should be good. i caught 1 today in a half hours fishing on a doa silver paddletail on a spinner.

photo (42).jpgphoto (44).jpgphoto (43).jpgphoto (38).jpgphoto (39).jpgphoto (41).jpgphoto (33).JPGphoto (36).jpg

Great tying.

The stripers could not care less about airbrushing. Your plug looks fine.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Nice use of the pearl flashabou. Flytyer had an article on pike flies that might be helpful with surface patters or drop shots.
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Real good start Andrew ...........

Just a pointer ......... Sand the wooden lures while on the lathe cause every little bump will show thru the paint and it's
        Much easier

Comment

I do sand them on the lathe starting with 50, then 100,then 150, then 200. I also paint then on the lathe if they are only one color, the lathe dies almost all the work and that's what u like about it

Comment

Gotta say Andrew.....pretty awesome tying. I've paid good money for jigs 1/3 as nice.
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Nice tying techniques, they look great.

Comment

Nice work! It's really rewarding catching fish on a lure you made yourself!
                LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
                Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

That's great Andrew. It is also good winter work.

Comment

Don, I plan on stopping in west marine tommorow or Friday about a job

Comment

Working...
                    X